[dehai-news] Press release Modern Day Slavery In Sinai Egypt

From: BIRIKTI BAHTA <lkyriak_at_shaw.ca_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:46:00 -0700 (MST)

E R I T R E A N C O M M U N I T Y I N W I N N I P EG I N C.
P.O. BOX 1105 Station Main WINNIPEG MB R3C 2X4
TEL- 7944981 EMAIL: lkyriak_at_shaw.ca
For Immediate Press release:

 From Eritrean Community In Winnipeg Inc. and Coalition of Canadian Communities and Organizations (CECCO)

 MODERN DAY SLAVERY, TORTURE AND DEATH OF THOUSANDS OF AFRICANS VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN SINAI EGYPT

   The Eritrean Community In Winnipeg Inc. for the last 12 years has being tirelessly working to sponsor and Welcome to Manitoba hundreds of new Canadians of Eritrean origin.
       Our organization:
 A) Realizing that the no war, no peace between Eritrea and Ethiopia, particularly Ethiopia's continued rejection of the final and binding peace agreement including non-implementation the demarcation of the common border according to the decision of the neutral and independent Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission at The Hague is creating a lot of misery on the population of the Horn of Africa,

 B)Abhorring the big business of illegal immigration and human trafficking including the unorthodox exodus of Eritrean youth lured by politically motivated efforts carried by Ethiopia and its enablers in order to weaken the newly independent country of Eritrea

  C) Condemning the lawlessness and abuse of human rights that prevails in Northern Africa

 D) Being fully aware of the tragic International human trafficking taking place with kidnappings and serious human tragedies particularly in the Sahara desert, the crossing of the Mediterranean Sea from Libya and the Sinai desert.

   E) Denouncing the kidnappings of residents from refugee Camps in the Sudan and Ethiopia.

 F) Understanding the terrifying and horrible human experiences of human abuses in the Sinai desert of Egypt by human traffickers who work in cooperation with some groups and entities in Europe and North America.

  Since 2000 has assisted the sponsorship of more than 1600 refugee claimants by our organization out of which 500 have arrived in Manitoba and Canada.
 In a strict observance of our Canadian and Eritrean Values of care, compassion and hospitality our organization has been fully engaged in the pre and post arrival of all new Canadians of Eritrean Origin (See articles and references below below).
The Eritrean Community In Winnipeg Inc. and the Coalition of the Eritrean Canadian Communities and organizations (CECCO) , a Coalition of 11 Canadian Eritrean communities and organization across Canada call upon the Manitoba and Canadian government to place all necessary efforts to stop the modern day slavery that is taking place in Sinai Egypt and provide assist its victims.

Contact info Lambros Kyriakakos 204 7944981 Yohannes Mehari 204 8802260

 For Immediate Release: CECCO calls on Canadian authorities to address human smuggling.

 The Coalition of Eritrean Canadian Communities and Organizations (CECCO) calls upon Canadian authorities to address the serious human smuggling problems facing African migrants in general and Eritreans in particular.

 The shocking accounts of torture, rape and kidnappings in the Sinai are a serious cause for concern and require immediate action.

 CECCO will be engaged in bringing light to this issue and is prepared to work with Canadian authorities on this matter.