[dehai-news] IN DEFENSE OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE (OC)

From: Fisseha Habte <fisseha.habte_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:41:17 -0400

*IN DEFENSE OF THE OC*

My friend, Haile A.

I share your concern that the Organizing Committee (OC) should have arranged for a larger venue with a capacity that could accommodate 7,000 Eritreans. The Historic Seminar – Eritreans’ “Conversation” with their President - is a lifetime experience that NO ONE who travelled hundreds of miles should have missed. I am sure the OC tried their best to do just that !!

You and I should realize that those men and women, of both the New York and DC Communities, were volunteers who sacrificed their time, energy, and personal funds to do what you and I wished they did – find space that holds 7000 Eritreans.

You and I do not know what they went through to have achieved what they accomplished - the venue that accommodate half of the Eritrean population that flocked to New York.

For having succeeded to accommodate the thousands of the lucky attendees, under the prevailing circumstances, we should congratulate the OC for their efforts, and commend them for a job well done. I am sure you will join me in wishing them that deserved thanks and honor.

I fully agree with the rest of your comments.

         ----[This List to be used for Eritrea Related News Only]---- Received on Tue Sep 27 2011 - 12:52:38 EDT