Helen Meles: The Diva

From: Dehai Eritrea OnLine (dehai@dehai.org)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2007 - 14:17:23 EDT

The music scene in Eritrea is about as good as it has ever been. At the head of it all is a certain diva by the name Helen Meles. I must say that she is really fun to watch. She is tall (drop dead gorgeous) with very lean physique, long wavy hair and a beautiful face that Hollywood would love. She possesses a voice that can bring a house down. She is at her best when performing for the troops or singing the praises of Warsay. Her stage presence is tremendous.

  There is another lady who is also equally talented and beautiful by the name Elsa Kidane. She too falls in the diva category. But Helen Meles is my personal favorite. There is just something about her.

  Below is a video link of Helen Meles mesmerizing the crowd in Massawa:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbVnDWlcFa8