[ESA] Roy Pateman's Message to ESA

From: Tricia Redeker Hepner (redekert@msu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 11:30:23 EST

Dear ESA Members and Friends,

This is definitely my swan song. I much enjoyed my two years as President and am glad that I have been replaced by a younger man (well a bit younger!), Tekie Fessehatzion - the hammer of the Woyane and a considerable scholar and strategist. I can think of no one better to shepherd this vibrant and growing association through the years ahead. My thanks to Trish (Tricia Redeker Hepner ) and Ghidewon Abay -Asmerom who are continuing as Secretary and Treasurer. Both are exemplary
professionals and made my job very easy in the chair. My best wishes to our other executive member Gebre Tesfagiorgis, and I hope that he and Red Sea Press will continue to publish our outstanding journal at regular intervals. And my heartfelt thanks to all members who have supported me over the years. I hope that the Asmara conference in July will be a resounding success and bring together Eritreans of all persuasions and we all have a stimulating, enjoyable and productive week.Let me reverse the old Chinese saying and express the hope that '"we may we live in uninteresting (but peaceful) times."

Roy Pateman, Outgoing President of ESA
Los Angeles
February 2001

© Copyright DEHAI-Eritrea OnLine, 1999