[dehai-news] Al-Jazeera.net: VideoAmerica's Drone War In Yemen: Al-Jazeera's Take

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 17:17:33 EST

America's Drone War In Yemen: Al-Jazeera's Take

by <http://biggovernment.com/author/amarcus> Andrew Marcus

30/12/2009

This fascinating news segment produced by al-Jazeera (aka Jihad TV)
highlights how the US drone war in Yemen has inspired a renewed front in the
Jihad against America.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8MtOKYb1Y&feature=player_embedded

This report is interesting because even as it parrots the Jihad narrative,
it provides more in depth background information and perspective on
American, Saudi, and Iranian involvement in Yemen than anything we have seen
from just about any US "news" outlet.

What a sad comment on the state of US/Western media, that "Jihad TV" is a
better source of information pertinent to this aspect of the world war we
are engaged in.

Pay special attention to the discussion that unfolds in the video above,
regarding the common interests between Sunni radicals and Shia radicals, who
both want to topple the Saudi Royal Family. One implication is that what is
really transpiring here is a proxy war between the Saudis and the Iranians.

The larger implication is that Yemen is where Sunni radicals and Shia
radicals work together against the Saudi Royals and Americans.

Does the Yemeni front of the Jihad wars represent the key to understanding
the links between Iran and al-Qaeda? It depends on who you ask, but it sure
is beginning to look that way.

The war in Yemen also reveals at least one massive hypocrisy on the Left.
For all of their talk about the problem with America being that we do
business with evil dictatorships around the world, Democrat controlled
America sure does appear to be working side by side with the Saudis to fight
on their behalf against a Sunni-Shia Jihad alliance/insurgency. Or, perhaps
that's why the President of the United States shouldn't be seen bowing to
the Saudi King. It makes it that much harder to argue that America isn't
doing the king's bidding in Yemen.

In reality, we think this all mostly falls under "the enemy of my enemy is
my friend." In this case, Sunni and Shia terrorists operate as friends
(al-Qaeda) against their enemies in the Saudi Royal Family and America,
while America operates as friends with Saudi royal family against the
Sunni-Shia al-Qaeda factions.

And for all of those Lefties out there who insist that the Sunni and Shia
can never work together because they hate each other so much, your theory
appears to die with al-Qaeda in Yemen.