[dehai-news] [Eri-International Sports] Eritrea very ugly loss to Tanzania/Hopefully Lesson learned

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 13:50:12 EST

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y6IJspzYcjk/Sx6doC0o8sI/AAAAAAAAAY4/vh_OEntw_zs/s1600-h/worldcup-world%2Bcup%2B2010-world%2Bcup__28537144_125x125.jpg>
 The Red Sea boys lose a very disappointing 4-0 loss to a strong and ready
Tanzania team coached by Brazilian Marcio Maximo after holding the
Kilimanjaro boys as they are known to a 0-0 tie at half time. Once again the
adult national team comes close to a great showing and they are held back by
a terrible score. Watching the highlites one would ask the question is this
the same Eritrean team that tied Zimbabwe and played a good game against
Rwanda and defeated the Somali team? Even the green uniforms looked
different as Eritrea is known to wear blue in most cases. One player was
able to score a hat trick for Tanzania and while one of the goals he scored
was a lucky bounce which was meant to be a cross and ended up in the net,
the rest of the goals looked like defensive mishaps.

 Click on the highlites

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ila_r3CEwg&feature=player_embedded

 We hope the coaches and technical advisors can learn a tough lesson for the
up coming game in March against Rwanda for the qualifying round of the
nations cup. Meanwhile on the bright side a lot of these players were
brought up from the under 17 team that qualified for the youth championships
a couple of years ago. There is no doubt with the recent success of the new
under 17 teams and the game growing Eritrea will field a strong team in the
very near future.

 On the other hand I would like to emphasize what the Brazilian Coach says
in his interview below and we hope to learn from his statements. He points
out that during the week long tourney he was able to use all of his players
sometimes putting in better players on the bench. If one team has 22 great
players there is no reason why coaches can’t mix and match them as deemed
necessary. The Eritrean side needs to field 22 players that can go in at any
given moment and perform to the highest of standards and the strategy should
be to use all players through out the week. It can be seen even here in the
US during the one week long ERSFNA that most teams try to keep their main
players for the entire week causing fatigue. Even the best players in the
world need to get rest after a game.

 Click on the interviews,

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFvU2ReYWw&feature=player_embedded

 Mean while we hope that the Red Sea boys will pick their heads up and come
back stronger than ever.

 Eri-International sports would also like to thank everyone for the support.
We will continue to update you on the happenings of Eritrea and
international sports related stories.

 Thanks,

 Mike Seium for Eri-Inetrnational sports blog.
 http://eri-internationalsports.blogspot.com/

--
Posted By Eri-International Sports Comments to Eri-International
Sports<http://eri-internationalsports.blogspot.com/2009/12/eritrea-very-ugly-loss-to.html>at