[dehai-news] (Aftonbladet, Sweden) Swedish News website claims Eritrean woman lost child after "swine flu" vaccine

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 09:59:15 EST

"Zahra, som är från Eritrea, har anmält händelsen till"
To view orginal article written in Swedish clicick here
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article6240532.ab

Google online translation

Zahra 28: All was well until I got the syringe
Zahra Abdel Kader, 28, was in the ninth month. At the health center asked
her to take influenza vaccine.
Two days later the fetus had died.
- When the baby came out, he was beautiful. Perfect. But he was not
breathing, "she says.
Zahra and her husband Reshid, who live outside of Umeå, was happy. They
expected their first child - a son. He was to be called Mohammed.
- I longed so much to hear my children laugh and cry, "she says.
Persuaded
Birth was estimated at 24 November. Inside my stomach felt she regularly the
strong kicks. On 19 November she went on her last check at the health
center.
- When everything looked good. I heard the baby's heart beat.
Zahra, who had previously declined to be vaccinated against swine flu,
persuaded to take the syringe. Afterwards, she became heavy in body, his arm
ached.
- Two days later I felt something was wrong in my stomach. The child did not
move.
Not breathing
Then, three days before scheduled delivery, she went to the hospital to do
an ultrasound. When the doctors saw that the child did not live longer.
Zahra was forced to give birth to her dead son.
- I just cried and cried. He weighed 4.5 kilograms and had all the fingers,
all toes, all the bodies. But he was not breathing. I think that the vaccine
was wrong to my child died. Before I got the syringe was all good.
Yesterday was buried little Mohammed. But Zahra could not be with. She has
barely slept a wink last week.
- I do not know how to live with this. But I must tell that other women
should not be subjected to the same thing. I want them to investigate this
and make sure it does not happen again.
Fetus has obducerats and now awaits Zahra and Reshid on clearance.
Several cases
Meanwhile, Umeå University Hospital reported the incident to the MPA.
- We have registered since been related to vaccination, and because we
wanted to draw attention to the MPA on this. We have taken samples of the
fetus, but it will take a while before we get a response. When we find out
the facts, we will sit down and analyze the results in detail, "says Ulf
Segerberg, head doctor at the Västerbotten County Council.
Medical Products Agency does not believe that the vaccine caused fetal
death.
- We have previously investigated four cases of women who reported
miscarriage after vaccination. We have looked in depth at each case and
concluded that it has no connection with the vaccine, "said Ingemar Persson,
a senior expert from the Division of Drug Safety.
Received no support
Zahra, who is from Eritrea, have notified the incident to the
Anti-discrimination Office because she was ignoring when she was born until
the dead fetus.
- She got absolutely no help. No counselor, no taxi home, "says Jabar Amin,
Director of Anti-discrimination Office.