[dehai-news] (FARS, Iran) Minister Urges Iran to Train Eritrean Physicians

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 19:29:14 -0500

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9107127251
 News number: 9107127251

17:19 | 2012-12-15

*Minister Urges Iran to Train Eritrean Physicians*

*TEHRAN (FNA)- Eritrean Health Minister Amina Nurhussein demanded Iran to
send a number of physicians to her country to train their colleagues and
help promote medical research in the African state.*

"We request the Iranian physicians to come to our country and train the
Eritrean physicians in surgical operations," Nurhussein said in a meeting
with Iranian Health Minister Marziyeh Vahid-Dastjerdi in Tehran on
Saturday.

"I have witnessed Iran's social and economic progress in person and feel
proud that such a country is a friend of Eritrea's," she added.

Nurhussein urged Iran's health ministry to hold specialized courses in
Eritrea and increase cooperation with the African state in applied studies
and researches.

Iran has taken wide strides in science and technology, particularly in
medical and medicinal fields, in recent years.

In January, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a ceremony in Tehran
unveiled 6 new types of home-made medicines used for treating various kinds
of diseases.

The Iranian president unveiled 2 new types of drugs and 4 types of raw
materials for treating osteoporosis, hemophilia and neurological, skin and
muscle diseases and breast cancer.

Iranian scientists had also in 2011 managed to produce a new type of
anti-cancer drug using the venoms of reptiles like snakes and scorpions.

"After several years of research and studies on a combination of snake and
scorpion venoms, the anti-cancer drug was produced in Iran," Abbas Zare',
the Director of the Venomous Animals Department of Iran's Razi Vaccine and
Serum Research Institute, told reporters in October 2011.

"This anti-cancer drug has been produced from snake and scorpion venoms
after 10 years of research work and has been extracted from the fat
(peptide) of such animals," he added.