[dehai-news] (Nusport) 'African fast stage big round'

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:41:34 -0800 (PST)

http://www.nusport.nl/wielrennen/2982734/afrikaan-snel-podium-grote-ronde.html {Text, a translation} Fri 14 December 2012 For the latest news from every sport rss cycle racing 'African fast stage big round' HOOFDDORP - within not too long is an African cyclist on the stage of one of the big three rounds. Predicts that President Pat McQuaid of the UCI. Especially in Eritrea, Ethiopia and Kenya cycle, according to the Irishman much talent around. "I follow the developments in Africa on foot, athletes I've seen about five or six years in the top three may come from the Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and Vuelta a Espaņa," McQuaid said in an interview with Reuters . "If UCI we have paid much attention to Africa. Three weeks ago, I attended the African championship in Burkina Faso and there was a very great promise from Ethiopia at the start. " "In Eritrea, the sport very popular. 200,000 Last came at a off course. Interestingly cycling lives in the same countries where the athletes come." progression According McQuaid is due to the UCI that the Africans in a short time much progress has been made. "The cycling could never develop, because the material is not present. Now there are many programs designed to take care of. When I started in 2005 as UCI president, there were only four rounds in Africa: Burkina Faso, Senegal , Egypt and South Africa. Now there are 35. " By: NUsport