[dehai-news] An open letter from the National Union of Eritrean Women to Gieson City Admin

From: Dimtzi Eritrawian Kab German <eritreanvoice.germany_at_googlemail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:56:47 +0100

The National Union of Eritrean Woman in Gießen is surprised over the wrong
informations as well as interpretations given to the Eritrean Festival in
Gießen and to the declared distorations of facts and infos we discussed on
the 15th of nov.12 and to the declaration of the gießner municipal
authorities (magistrate)

 We categorically and vehemently reject all the defamations made against
our eritrean festival,since decades different Eritrean groups have been
celebrating all over Europe and 2 times here in the city of Gießen. Last
year the gießener city mayor Mrs. Weigel Greilich was prominent guest,
during the 3 days festival we have enjoyed our music ,culture and language
being all together we also informed over the developments which is being
made in Eritrea

 It is a misrepresentation to label our festival as a "propaganda event" of
the Eritrean Government , we also rejects the lies denoting and labelling
our country as ruled by a "military dictatorship" , it has been 20 years
now since Eritrea got its independence through sacrification of its beloved
sons and daughters and is now busy and engaged on building its
infrastructure and working hard to promote its projects in social justice
and naturally Eritrea is a sovereign state to secure its borders like the
other nations in the world do, there is no famine in Eritrea and the human
rights are being attained with success, there is no hunger medical
care,education is for all Eritreans and the efforts are supported and
promoted by the German aid organizations and it was appreciated by the
German Embassy in Asmara and also by the UN delegation for human aid .

We regret that people who left the country didn’t continue with the
procedure of construction but we are always ready to help them and show
our cooperation and it is pity that some are being exploited and
instrumentalized to disseminate the false-hood.

We join to leave with all people with different origin and wish peace
,equality and harmony being accepted to exercise our political opinion
with respects, we don't want to accept that forbidding our festivals
through pressure and humiliations we are free and have the rights and
freedom to enjoy our culture , the decision and statements of the city
officials made against our govt. is not acceptable we want to leave with
all people together peacefully. We want to celebrate , discuss whether
they faithful to the govt. or not. We are ready to discuss, inform and
answer questions about Eritrea with those interested. We also wish that the
city of Gießen and gießener presse to be objective on the case.
      *
http://www.giessener-zeitung.de/giessen/beitrag/73729/offener-brief-der-eritreischen-frauenunion/
*