[dehai-news] (SuperSport) Eritrea coach delighted with display

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:20:01 -0500

http://www.supersport.com/football/cecafa-tusker-cup/news/121127/Eritrea_coach_delighted_with_display

Eritrea coach delighted with display
27 November 2012, 10:59

Eritrea coach Telkit Negash has dared to dream after his team held
favourites Zanzibar to a barren draw in Kampala on Monday.

Negash praised his players for resilience and hard work the game
saying that they were only unlucky not to score and added that he was
grooming the team for future top competitions like the African Cup of
Nations.

"I want to thank my players for the hard work they showed in the pitch
and the fighting spirit in the entire game. Zanzibar is a strong team
but we looked better than them and missed several chances that could
have given us the in. My players have self belief and a see this as an
opportunity to showcase their talents."

"I don’t think I will change my game plan in the other matches but
looking at the group we are going to play very strong teams but I
still believe nothing is impossible as long as the will and the
efforts are in place," Negash told supersport.com.

"I envisage a great future for this team and our dreams and
aspirations is to prepare a team that could possibly make it to the
Afcon in three years time to the surprise of all pundits who have
always said we are the underdogs," he added.

Eritrea have to play both Malawi and Rwanda to determine if they will
qualify for the quarterfinals.