Re: [dehai-news] Susan Rice- 2012 Christmas Gift

From: Adiam Berhane <adiam7_at_mac.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:04:00 -0500

I agree with most of this but to believe that there is a difference between Republicans and Democrats is naive. Republicans could have used our help this go-round and the Eritrean community reached out to them and they refused a meeting. The Democrats on the other hand did meet with us. There are no real differences with these two parties in most instances (except some social issues) there are definitely no differences when it comes to Eritrea. Our strength is in the state elections and the world stage. The hardest times for the Eritrean position was a few years ago with one Superpower, Bush running everything and that "woman" as Assistant Secretary of African Affairs. There are more nations in African that are seeing things our way and China and Russia have evened the playing field. If Susan Rice is nominated we must make our voices heard and not just about Eritrea but the many horrid things she did the in the Clinton administration ( Rwanda, Nigeria, Sudan). Hillary Clinton will certainly provide a wealth of information , off the record, since she despises her. We must emphasize her cozy relationship with dictators and of course her outright lies about Eritrea. Her record must be exposed and it is a very sordid one.