[dehai-news] (Daily News, Tanzania) Miss East Africa beauty pageants: Rahwa Afeworki of Eritrea among finalists

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:19:13 -0500

http://www.dailynews.co.tz/index.php/sport/sport-news/entertainment/11879-gaetano-to-host-miss-ea-finals

DailyNews Online Edition -

Gaetano to host Miss EA finals

Published on Thursday, 22 November 2012 01:38

AS the finalists for this year’s Miss East Africa beauty pageants
starts arriving in Dar es Salaam today for next month finals, the one
time Big Brother Africa housemate Ugandan Gaetano Kagwa will be the
event’s Master of Ceremony.

Organiser of the event, Rena Callist said yesterday that almost all
finalists have confirmed arriving on Thursday ahead of the finals
planned for December 7 at the Mlimani City Hall in the city.

Gaetano who is also the Mnet broadcaster has been picked to host the
event. This year’s Miss East Africa final has attracted contestants
not only from the region but three from Europe as well. Callist named
the contestants as Cynthia Ikwene, 24, from Belgium, Mareg Marcos, 21,
from Netherlands and France will be represented by Fiona Ruboneka, 24.

He named finalist from East Africa countries expected in as Jocelyne
Diana Maro, 22, (Tanzania), Akuot Philip Suzan (Southern Sudan), Rahwa
Afeworki (Eritrea), Lula Teklehaimanot (Ethiopia), Mugisha Nadege
(Burundi), Annabelle Marvel Pointe (Seychelles) and Ayisha Nagudi
(Uganda).

Callist said more than 3,120 contestants had registered to compete in
the preliminaries of Miss East Africa beauty contest. He said
preparations for the finals are in top gear as the fever for the
finals has started picking up. “We are finalizing some of the key
logistical issues so that we stage the event in a required to quality
standard, taking into accounts that it will compete candidates from 16
countries,” he said.