[dehai-news] Strong Foundation For Sustainable Development

From: Samuel Igbu <igbu.samuel_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:08:57 -0500

The primary culprit for the mayhem and chaos we are now witnessing
in the so-called industrialized world and the developing nations is
but the unjust and vicious greed of a minority with vested interests.
Whereas progress that does not take root in justice is by no means guaranteed,
the sole and yet lasting solution for the said problem remains
the forging of a civilized ethos that fosters social justice and peaceful
coexistence.Cognizant of this fact, the people and Government of Eritrea have
from the outset given prominence in A National Charter for Eritrea to
the establishment of a political and economic system that ensures
social justice.

Guaranteeing equal rights and opportunities is the basis for
social justice. Any attempt to secure justice devoid of equal rights and
opportunities amounts to a fiasco.
The Government of Eritrea is a leadership entrusted to live up to the
popular aspiration, which is achieved with dear sacrifices. In order for
the popular vision to come to fruition, the Government pursues the
strategy of ensuring equality in all aspects of life of the people. In light
of this fact, wide-ranging national development programs are being
implemented to satisfy the aspiration of the entire people, as well as to
ensure equitable economic growth, thereby narrowing the gap between
the periphery and the center.
Needless to say, capital cities of many nations are the hub for economic
and trade activities, infrastructure facilities and construction undertakings.
The reality in Eritrea, however, is the reverse. Every bit of human
and material resources is now deployed in every corner of the nation,
particularly in areas that were marginalized due to colonial policies, so
as to effect radical change through major development projects.
The fact that economic growth of Eritrea is equitable and proportional
throughout
 the nation as opposed to present circumstances in many
places around the globe lays the groundwork for lasting development
to posterity. Indeed, it is the desire of every Eritrean citizen far and
wide to jointly march forward through the avenue of development and
live in harmony under the aegis of equal rights. As equality is the basis
for justice and justice in turn the key to national unity and sustainable
development, the Government of Eritrea, whose development strategy
stems from the aforementioned vision, has thus far scored impressive
accomplishments towards the putting in place of strong foundations for
such civilized social livelihood.