[dehai-news] YPFDJ-NA 8th Annual YPFDJ Conference: Looking Back and Moving Forward

From: YPFDJ Media <ypfdjmedia_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:26:22 -0500

The following is a reflection on the 8th Annual YPFDJ Conference in
Ontario. For more reflections, visit ypfdjconference.wordpress.com

>From Friday, August 24th to Monday, August 27th 2012 strong, active,
patriotic Eritrean youth from all areas of the globe gathered for the 8th
Annual YPFDJ Conference in Toronto, Canada. Various seminars, group
discussion, cultural performances, team building and networking activities
were meticulously prepared for the duration of the Conference.

For any casual observer the Conference may appear to have too many
activities, but looking carefully one can see the importance of each
segment. As the movement keeps growing, Conferences are one way of
collectively accessing the progress made and draft a roadmap to meet the
challenges ahead. Below is a summary of some of the reflections from
various members who attended this year's Conference.

First time participant, Mela Arey stated that she enjoyed meeting new
people, learned more about YPFDJ's role within their respective
communities. She also stated she plans to play an active role in her local
chapter and attend future Conferences.

Another participant from the DC Metropolitan area said, "For me this would
have to be the 5th YPFDJ conference, and this year the quality definitely
increased. I attended the Nakfa Conference back in December, and I could
see a lot of the basic strategies as far as the group discussions and such
being implemented. This conference was definitely Nakfa-inspired, which was
clear. And it worked really great for this year's organizers".

Some participants expressed their satisfaction with the change of location
from the usual DC Metropolitan area. Others enjoyed the breakout
discussion sessions which allowed them to share their ideas, while they
felt more time could have been afforded to networking.

These are only a few of the personal reflections we gathered from this
year's participants. These feedbacks coupled with the group evaluations
will help us improve for the years to come. We hope to spread our
Organization further, will continue marching forward and look forward to
our bright future.

United we stand, divided we fall, we are always YPFDJ.

Melat D. Tekeste

<http://ypfdjconference.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/img_4984.jpg><http://ypfdjconference.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/img_4954.jpg><http://ypfdjconference.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/img_4980.jpg>

--
YPFDJ MEDIA