[dehai-news] (Raimoq) Sophia Tesfamariam met first lady Ms. Michelle Obama on Friday 26 October 2012, San Diego, California.

From: Eri News <er_news_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 15:19:28 -0400

Sophia Tesfamariam met the first lady Ms. Michelle Obama on Friday 26
sophi-with-michele-obama4701.jpg
October 2012, San Diego, California.

     Sophia Tesfamariam told ..." At the San Diego event in which I
met Michele Obama, I shared with her the concerns of the Eritrean
American Community. Also gave her a letter to give to her husband in
which I addressed the illegal, unfair and unjust sanctions, the
harassment of our communities by certain Woyane sponsored groups,
Eritrea"s vital role in the region and a call for the US to engage
constructively in the region. The first place to start being
overhauling the racist incoherent policy for Africa that treats
sovereign nations like colonies of the past. Anchor states such as
Ethiopia serving like the colonial viceroys..."

     "The credit goes to the gallant, proud and hardworking people
and government of Eritrea who have enabled us to walk with our heads
held high in dignity. The strength of the extraordinary and exemplary
Eritrean Diaspora is finally being appreciated by all quarters."

     And she said also..."I did not do this alone. It is the
vibrancy, perseverance and hard work of the entire Eritrean Diaspora
that got their attention. The lies that they were being fed by the
Eritrean Quislings League, Woyane and other anti-Eritrea elements are
being exposed. If they are willing to listen and learn, we should
take the opportunity to tell our side. We have remained silent for
far too long...allowing un-elected sell outs and traitors to speak on
our behalf...we are taking back our communities and rebuilding our image..."

     Sophia T.

(image/jpeg attachment: sophi-with-michele-obama4701.jpg)