[dehai-news] duplicitousness of the Obama administration

From: Adiam Berhane <adiam7_at_mac.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 10:11:27 -0400

President Obama might want to concentrate on his debating skills since they seem to be as errant as his UN speeches and actions . George W and Dick Chaney were jackasses but they never pretended to be saints, that's for sure. The duplicitousness of the Obama administration is on a scale I have never seen before . THis guy has a lot to say but boy does he do a lot not-so-behind the scenes. His record on child soldiers, slavery, oppressive regimes,women rights, civil rights, arms sales etc... is worth noting. Imagine what we don't know.

The Obama administration supports child soldiers regime with aid and weapons:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/obama-waives-child-soldier-ban-yemen-congo/story?id=14663930#.UHA4MrRIF8s

Oh no thats not it he s against child soldiers, just not in Yemen http://www.salon.com/2012/10/01/us_record_on_child_soldiers_mixed/

Obama loves the Arab Spring, he is all abut democracy and against tyranny but not in Bahrain
http://www.salon.com/2012/02/03/congress_protests_obama_on_bahrain_arms_sale/
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/15/as_obama_oks_weapons_to_bahrain

Obama is all about women rights here and all over the world he has called on regimes to protect the rights of women and encourage women to participate in their government, but no so much in Saudi Arabia
http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2012/world-report-2012-saudi-arabia

Obama and freedom of religion is unwavering, everyone knows that except when it comes to its allies http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/313245/why-west-ignoring-saudis-persecution-christians-benjamin-weinthal
http://www.ijn.com/ijn-news/international/2495-saudi-arabia-doesnt-ban-jews-just-bibles-tefilin-yarmulkes-torahs-etc

Obama never supports repressive regimes , well almost never
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=8075

Obama wouldn't arm bad guys jus because of the money ? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/13/world/13weapons.html

Oh and Obama would NEVER violate and arms embargo it put in place
http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/2012/07/somalia_arms.html

Someone even put a nice Facebook page together
http://www.facebook.com/notes/global-liberation-network/dictators-of-repressive-regimes-presently-supported-by-united-states-government/110540242358792

I find it hard to be lectured by such a person and certainly such a country. The US lacks the moral standing to accuse anyone, let alone Eritrea, of human rights abuses.