[dehai-news] Un-Ruly, Un-invited, Un-just, Guests attempt to disrupt Eritrean Town Hall Meeting in Virginia but foiled.

From: ERI USA <eritreanamerican_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:36:05 -0400

*Un-Ruly, Un-invited, Un-just, Guests attempt to disrupt Eritrean Town Hall
Meeting in Virginia but foiled.***

At approximately 2:00PM in the afternoon on Sunday September 30th, 2012,
nationalist Eritreans started to flock into the Sheraton Hotel in Pentagon
City, which is just a block away from the Pentagon. It is very clear that
the meeting location had been reserved by the Eritrean Mekhete committee in
a legal manner. Eritreans have nothing to hide from America as they are
truly and honestly attempting to clear the lies and defamation being spewed
at them by a few individuals sitting in powerful positions of the current
Obama administration. There are millions and millions of people who
disagree with the administration and it's chief architect that has forced
illegal sanctions against Eritrea by the United Nations.

As the seminar with Yemane Gebreab was being teleconferenced live via video
conference to start the day, a handful of individuals whom we have seen
with their 20 people demonstrators at certain places in the past decided to
come into a meeting they were not invited to. They had scoped out the hotel
the night before according to our sources and once their handful messengers
went inside the actual conference room they felt comfortable for a few
minutes and while the meeting continued they started to call more
disruptive groupies from the outside to come in at which point they were
told not to enter at the lobby area of the conference room.

The second batch of people including a former dejected and rejected leader
who have failed miserably against the people of Eritrea thought that their
thug mentality would work by pushing and harassing the security apparatus
of the event. Using her first amendment one hagerawit bitsete stood her
ground and told one of the so called leader of the pack that he must have
lost hope now that his boss has passed away (in reference to Meles Zenawi)
he got more angry and wanted to attack her. Well little did they know that
the Arlington County, Virginia police were standing right by us as the
hotel management also took control of matters by asking these thugs to
leave and if they did not they would be paying for it dearly. They did not
listen as their ineffective thinking won them over, so they were handcuffed
one by one. So much for their democratic ideologies when all this could
have been avoided simply by following the rule of law.

Funny part of the story is these thugs claim in one of their missions for
their failed group known as EYSC which has been mainly funded by non other
than the late leader of the TPLF minority regime's cronies that they would
be civil in their movement, whatever that may be. Here is the exact words
coming directly from their mission statement. *"We recognize that the issue
of peaceful and violent resistance is a matter of debate and controversy
among the opposition camp. For the purpose of clarity, we believe we have
to clearly define this separately for resistance from the Diaspora and
delineate it from that of inside Eritrea. EYSC strongly believes in abiding
by the laws, rules and customs of the foreign countries Eritreans live in."
*

(Sorry that was a good laugh!)These are thugs and don't even have an idea
what law is and they think they can fight for a democratic reform. It is
obvious even those organizations hostile to Eritrea don't want to prop them
up anymore as all they have done is embarrass them year after year. While
we Eritrean-Americans who love and respect both of our countries with the
vast majority of American citizens pay our taxes it is a shame that some
American government institutions engage in funding thugs like these some of
whom don't even have proper paperwork to live in this country. There may be
one or two victims in there but for the most part the vast majority of
these hoodlums were people who are opportunists and may even be involved in
illegal schemes to bring young Eritreans via the human trafficking
network. Bottom line is they don't understand the laws of the land better
than those of us who have lived here way longer than them even though they
claim they do. They have no idea that if they are told to leave from an
event that they are not invited to they can get in trouble. Read this
Virginia law for clarity and this applies to all Americans and
non-Americans who live in Virginia where this event was being held.

* *

*Code of Virginia - Title 18.2 Crimes And Offenses Generally - Section
18.2-415 Disorderly conduct in public places indicates that A person is
guilty of disorderly conduct if, with the intent to cause public
inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof,
he:*

* *

*A. In any street, highway, public building, or while in or on a public
conveyance, or public place engages in conduct having a direct tendency to
cause acts of violence by the person or persons at whom, individually, such
conduct is directed; or*

* *

*The person in charge of any such building, place, conveyance, meeting,
operation or activity may eject therefrom any person who violates any
provision of this section, with the aid, if necessary, of any persons who
may be called upon for such purpose*

For many years each fall to be exact in September the Eritrean delegation
to the United Nations in accordance with the PFDJ and other
Eritrean-American organizations hold town hall meetings with constituents
to discuss current issues in Eritrea, particularly economic development and
other topics important to all Eritreans. Always a great bonus after
exciting summers of festivals, conferences national celebrations that bring
unity & harmony in and outside of Eritrea, these meetings are the bond that
tie our uniqueness as a people that are blessed to have one heartbeat with
our leaders in Eritrea who fight for justice and equality each day. If we
are lucky sometimes, we may even get a bigger present such as last year
(September 2011)when the President of Eritrea made his way to the USA and
held a special meeting just for us, because we are him and he is us. As a
community and people who show lots of respect for following rules and
regulations as well as making sure that we respect our values as Eritreans,
we have become champions of civil movements. We are also strong advocates
and a people who hold in high regard the laws of our adopted countries. So
much that we have become very popular among Washington D.C area law
enforcement as the most loved demonstrators. Even this past Sunday at the
Mekhete meeting the police were so impressed by the calmness and behavior
before and after the event.

We are admired for our tenacity and our perseverance and the organized
manner in which we hold our demonstrations or town hall meetings. For many
years as Eritreans we have proven that we are level headed people who just
want PEACE and fairness to prevail towards our home of origin the most
beautiful country in Africa, otherwise known as ERITREA. We are the best at
exercising the first amendment which happens to be our god given rights in
a country that has for decades not been fair to us. We know our rights and
like every other immigrant communities before us we stand together to speak
up when justice is not served right.

One main reason we hold meetings is because of the injustice at the United
Nations. We hold Mekhete meetings along with our other seminars to help
build our nation and make it a great country. Once in a while we may run
into a couple of pests who attempt to disrupt our meetings but usually are
handled very easily, quickly and cleared out of the way in a proper manner.
However there are times when these handful criminals can't grasp the fact
that we are actually living in a country that does not tolerate
disobedience of any kind in a public place. Funny part is that they claim
to be fighting for democracy. They are all not even worthy of being
mentioned as opposition which they claim to be. They call themselves names
that will help them get 501 C status to collect money and get funded by
Eritrea's worst enemies in the name of democracy. Shame on these people who
support them and why the USA our adopted homeland tolerates hooligans such
as these in this country that we Eritrean-Americans pay taxes for in the
larger scheme of things is beyond belief for us Eritreans. These self
appointed Eritrean wannabe opponents are people who are funded by those who
have tried and failed miserably to disrupt the UNITY of the Eritrean
people. They are egged to attend events and meetings that don't apply to
them. They are like thugs and organized Woyane cadres who try to shout down
Eritrean Govt. officials conducting meetings and constituents who ask
questions in attempts to prevent a civil dialogue and intelligent debate.

These groups are organized by such groups as Amnesty international, fake
Religious rights organizations, reporters without borders,endowment for
Democracy etc....and some TPLF backed groups in the USA who collaborate on
ERITREA's demise. Their ideologues have been a failure, their strategy,
according to their own confession, is to rattle and intimidate law abiding
Eritrean-American citizens in an attempt to hijack meetings that bring
people together with respect to the rule of law. Their tactics include
turning up uninvited at town hall meetings like they did this weekend
sometimes disguised as if they are Pro-Eritrean, at times attempting to
drown out any viewpoint they disagree with by screaming out loud and
causing havoc so that their friends can videotape it and put it on YouTube
to act as if they did something heroic, and spreading lies about Eritrea on
the Internet and more. Meanwhile the only nation that seems to be
progressing in the otherwise dismal horn of Africa region keeps on marching
like the camel.

As a matter of fact they are entitled to express their viewpoints at any
Eritrean event as has been in the past no matter how dishonest or misguided
they may be. But trying to prevent others from expressing their views
violates the freedom of speech of people with whom they disagree, and shows
an imperialist and fascist mentality on the part of their backers, who are
in power positions with administration after administration that have been
cruel to Eritrea. These people must pay the price and as we speak the
non-Eritrean backed EYSC organization is under investigation for crimes
committed in Oakland,California.

Awet N'hfash, Victory is always ours! We serve the truth! & we never kneel
down, not yesterday, today or tomorrow.

E-SMART