[dehai-news] On The Anniversary of PIA's Visit To The General Assembly

From: Bereket Kidane <welela83_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hard to believe it's been a year since PIA's visit to Turtle Bay. While everyone remembers his well-received speech to the 66th General Assembly body, the highlight of his trip to New York was the raucous, fun-filled meeting he held with the diaspora at the Manhattan Center. Most of us were not fortunate enough to attend that meeting but the image of three thousand Eritreans stranded outside the Manhattan Center but deciding to stick around to show their support is indelible from our minds. It's been an interesting 12-months for Eritrea since then. While the likes of Susan Rice continue to swing wildly in their attempt to tarnish Eritrea's image at the Kangaroo Court known as UNSC, Eritrea has steadfastly maintained its focus and drive on achieving its national goals while swatting away distractions aimed at making it take a detour. During his Manhattan Center seminar with the diaspora, PIA shared with the audience that Eritrea was ready to change gears
 and accelerate its development efforts beginning in the year 2012. Let's hope we won't have to wait for another 10 years before PIA makes a return trip to the General Assembly and update us all on the new and exciting developments going on in the country.