[dehai-news] Lost Opportunity Of Meles Era

From: Mhretab tedlla <tedllam_at_earthlink.net_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:33:55 -0700

                        LOST OPPORTUNITY OF MELES ERA

In our reach culture or any one's culture it is always the right thing to do
and norm not to bother someone during a grieving and mourning time no matter
what kind of character he had in the past, and because of that people are
reluctant to speak out in a manner that is in an appropriate about the
passing person past. but this doesn't mean will prevent as to speak the
history or the lost opportunity that happened in our region during the past
21 years.

As to all human being the universe will reciprocate all ways whatever you
hand it, unfortunately his mental energy all forces that he posses mentally
was fear, anxiety, and paranoia. and those possession are beyond death
while you are a life.

I wish as he had given ample opportunity used it for a remarkable historic
goal to achieve, he could have been a bridge to mend the deep rooted bitter
animosity that was built in long time between the two nations because of the
atrocities they committed upon the people of Eritrea.

contrary to our anticipation he went to the opposite venue form what he
promised in our initial legal independence celebration, it was he that who
asked the people of Eritrea not to scratch their wounds even though they
were hurt by the consecutive Ethiopian rulers of Eritrea,

regrettably when the war erupted the first an thinkable measure he took was
to expel over 70.000 Eritreans and Ethiopians with Eritrean origin including
children and women,

It was the darkest memory when he justified his act that he threw them
out because he dislike their eye color, during the war whatever happen on
both sides of the military personnel it would have been an unfortunate
occurrence and heal in time like the one before it.

Here again whatever paranoia triggers it, he ordered his army to dig the
hero and heroine graves of the Eritrean freedom fighters it was despicable
act. back in history of the feudal rulers of Habesha era we had learned
so many cruelty upon our people Kebesans but this one is the worst in its
kind in 20th century.

I wish he was courageous enough and farsighted to implement and honor for
what he asked and committed himself in front of his own people to abide by
the international court of the Eritrean and Ethiopian border commission,
which could have been eased the tension between the two nations in the long
run, again instead he was governed by his fear and hold it as a bargaining
tool to stay in power, by doing that he made the two nations to get in a
farther escalation of hostility.

while he was in his bed death he tried to run marathon just to put sanction
upon the people of Eritrea in the name of supporting extremists in Somalia
or even in Ethiopia, he accused his own nationals with the same brand, he
tried to instigate religious crises in his own country, one thing clear is
there is no religious extreme sentiment in Eritrea or even in Ethiopia this
people live in harmony and understanding in regarded to their believes.

as such all his acts indicates mental sickness, to feel sorry for the
sickened mind that was lived in delusion and relentless mental effort to
harm everyone around him he went extra mile in every aspect that you can
think of, that was what he presented to the universe and it was
reciprocated by nature, I hope his successors have learned a lesson from
this and give peace and stability to their own people in the first place and
do their part to create a save neighborhood, otherwise it is not an option
to dig a grave to someone because at the end of the day you will be drag in
to it. this is what history taught us to all of us we do not have to look
far in time and place, it was yesterday when Ethiopian rulers based on their
population number and resources thought they can eliminate the people of
Eritrea from the sight of the earth but it became their fate.

In the end after all this experience it is always our people's best wishes
to live in peace specially with the people of Ethiopia or else what we
expect from them is to stand up when they are forced to do unfair things
upon the people of Eritrea or for that matter upon them self's.

Mhretab