[dehai-news] Shabait.com: STATEMENT OF THE ERITREAN PEOPLE'S FRONT FOR DEMOCRACY AND JUSTICE On the occasion of September 1, 2012

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:26:48 +0200

STATEMENT OF THE ERITREAN PEOPLE'S FRONT FOR DEMOCRACY AND JUSTICE On the
occasion of September 1, 2012

September 1 is the symbol of struggle, manifestation of perseverance, as
well as the seed of success of the Eritrean people.

In 1950s, great powers through the leadership of the U.S. betrayed the
Eritrean people of its right to independence and decided the Eritrean
question in favor of colonization and bondage. The Eritrean people,
nonetheless, surmounted over the verdict of the superpowers through
liberation struggle it launched on September 1, 1961. The demise of Haile
Selassie regime in 1974 proved the first chapter of the downfall of
superpowers and the victory of the people of Eritrea.

In 1977, at a time during which the center of gravity in East Africa shifted
from Asmara to Addis Ababa, the then USSR along with its satellites in the
Eastern Bloc deployed a myriad of military hardware and advisors in an
attempt to obliterate the struggle of the Eritrean people. The people of
Eritrea yet remained the victor with the leadership of EPLF. The downfall of
the Derg regime and the achievement of the independence of Eritrea
constituted the second chapter of the defeat of the superpowers and yet the
victory of the Eritrean people.

Upon accomplishment of Eritrea's independence through struggle and
martyrdom, the superpowers spearheaded by the Administration in Washington
did not opt to conclude and refrain from the history of betrayals. These
same hostile forces provoked and induced war, imposed sanctions and
encirclements through direct and subservient instruments in order for
Eritrea to not to reinforce its political independence with economic
emancipation, as well as become the master of its own decisions and improve
the quality of life. Having overcome and foiled the said acts of conspiracy,
the people, Government and the Front of Eritrea are once again on the verge
of totally prevailing over these
superpowers for the third time. Changes being witnessed in Eritrea's
development drive and in the Horn of Africa's state of affairs bear out the
aforementioned realities.

Enemy quarters have ever regarded the Eritrean people with disdain
throughout those three phases. They espoused superciliousness and
reiterated: 'few people, bereft of unity, economically nonviable, devoid of
mature leadership'. Despite few in number, there were some Eritreans too,
who took such imperiousness to heart. Thanks to the Eritrean people-who
inheres in the just cause intact national dignity, civilized decorum, the
vision of bright future, endurance and martyrdom for achieving the lofty
goal as well as mature and dedicated leadership nurtured from within and
during the liberation movement-the Eritrean people has yesterday and today
caused embarrassment to and triumphed over all those who held him in
disdain, betrayed and waged war against him.

The underlying message of September 1 is thus as stated above.

Our path towards success is that which we traversed through thus far.
We shall uphold the noble cause to which our martyrs paid dear lives.

Victory to the Masses!