[dehai-news] The Key To The Secret Of The Eritrean People

From: samuel Igbu <ypfdjbc_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 16:31:03 -0400

Hefty Price
There are instances when a right denied by force has to be restored only by
similar means.
The reason that compelled Eritrean's to wage their armed struggle is also
because their legitimate and
demand for their right to self-determination was met with mockery and
insensitivity.
The people of Eritrea went to get its freedom when it was denied to dwell
in its own land; when towns and villages were burned to
the ground; when mothers were gunned down while nursing their
infants; when youngsters were strangled by wires; when pregnant
women were stabbed to death; when tens of thousands of citizens
were, solely accused of being Eritreans, subjected to torture and
incarceration in prisons like Alem Bekagn and Mariam Ginbi; when
terror and panic reigned; when infants were killed slaughtered
with knives; when citizens started vanishing; when the faithful
were mass murdered in their places of worship; when people were
strangled because they supposedly leaked information to bandits
(fighters).
And to bring its freedom, the Eritrean people paid a hefty price: it
gave up its own life, mentally and physically, living in the wilderness and
enduring shocking famine and thirstiness, dying several
times before the actual last breath.

Eritreans are a people who waged the longest struggle in the
world for their independence and paid a heavy price to preserve it.
But the Eritrean struggle is unique not only because of its length
and the heavy sacrifices it incurred; but also because it faced heavy
challenges and international ploys. Hence, the hardships it suffered
while overcoming those challenges has earned it an unparalleled
place in world history.
Even after liberation, seeing the independent and economically
developed Eritrea on the fast track, longtime foes worked hard to
disrupt its progress: an unjustified conflict was incited; their stooges
were sent to occupy Eritrean sovereign territory and cause once
again sacrifice of precious lives; innocent civilians perished while
guiltless children were displaced; graves of Eritrea's beloved martyrs were
dug up and skeletons dispersed. Not only this, they bent
justice and stalled a legal verdict denying Eritreans their rightfully
awarded territory, sentencing it to remain under occupation, as well
as taking hostage of Eritrean chances and opportunities.
However, seeing the Eritrean people didn't budge but instead
remained firm in its path, safeguarding its land while at the same
time developing it, the ill-meaning quarters imposed holidays-eve
sanctions, where the accuser, judge or legal justification if any were
not identified. But Eritreans, even at a time of war, never deviated
from its path of development and scored great success. But still
paying a huge price!

Independence takes different perceptions by different peoples.
The value of Eritrean independence and freedom, and therefore the
value of the people of Eritrea, is assessed not only by the lives of
90,000 fallen heroes but also by the efforts exerted and still being
exerted to uphold and nurture it. And because it demands an everrising
price, it also entails a corresponding value.
The Eritrean people values it independence as an evolving process. And upon
owning it, Eritreans have made of their realm a
strong and indomitable fortress, incorporating socioeconomic and
cultural progress.
The price paid for attaining independence and preserving it is
high, the sacrifices many and the endeavors difficult. And that's
why Eritrean independence is of greater value and significance
more than anything else.
The Eritrean people, in its endeavor to make this hard won independence
genuine and to protect it with all its might, and reinforce
its value, has toiled relentlessly and succeeded in owning a nation
of victory and real independence.
The key to the success of the Eritrean people is therefore this
hefty price - because a value is measured by the price it is paid for.

--
Sincerely
*YPFDJ British Columbia Chapter*