[dehai-news] Press Release - 8th Annual YPFDJ Conference Opens in Canada

From: Alex Amaniel <warsai553_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:39:48 -0400

On Friday, August 24th, 2012 the 8th Annual YPFDJ - North America
Conference opened in Ontario, Canada. The theme of this year's historic
conference is "Building an Organization on the Values of Nakfa," drawing on
the lessons of the 1st global Youth Conference in Nakfa last December, as
well as the historic battle of Nakfa. The day began with a flag-raising
ceremony, in which attendees stood together singing the anthems of Canada,
Eritrea, and "Wudbna", the anthem of our movement. The day continued with
an introduction by YPFDJ members and our guest of honor, Zemheret Yohannes,
the Director of the Eritrean Research and Documentation Centre. In
addition, the Media Committee announced the re-launch of Merih, the
official newsletter of YPFDJ; the goal of which is to provide a forum for
discussion and promotion of our ideas.

After lunch, chapters reported on their activities throughout the year,
with chapters such as Boston and Oakland exciting the crowd with their
excellent presentations. Participants then separated into groups and had
vibrant and challenging discussions on the "Role of the Youth in Mekhete."
Stay tuned for more updates on this historic conference.

Wetru Wefri Warsay Yekealo!

Awet n'Hafash!

YPFDJ - Day 1 Pictures

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=114505815539456719027&target=ALBUM&id=5780576249651644465&authkey=Gv1sRgCOXv2In1oKq80AE&feat=email