[dehai-news] (UN.org) Matt Bryden removed from Monitoring Group, BAN Ki-moon appoints another Canadian as Coordinator

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:01:52 -0400

http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N12/463/85/PDF/N1246385.pdf?OpenElement

Distr.: General
English
Original: French

Letter dated 13 August 2012 from the Secretary-General addressed
to the President of the Security Council

 I have the honour to refer to Security Council resolution 2060 (2012) of
25 July 2012. In paragraph 13, the Council requested the Secretary-General
re-establish for a period of 13 months the Monitoring Group on Somalia and
Eritrea,
consisting of eight experts, drawing, as appropriate, on the expertise of
the members
of the Monitoring Group established pursuant to previous resolutions,
including
resolution 2002 (2011), and consistent with resolutions 1907 (2009), 2023
(2011)
and 2036 (2012), in order to fulfil its expanded mandate.

Accordingly, I wish to inform you that, after consulting with the Security
Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 751 (1992) and 1907 (2009)
concerning
Somalia and Eritrea, I have appointed the following experts:

 Coordinator of the Monitoring Group
 Mr. Jarat Chopra, Canada (regional expert)

Somalia

 Mr. Babatunde Taiwo, Nigeria (arms expert)
 Mr. Jörg Roofthooft, Belgium (transport/maritime expert)
 Ms. Kristèle Younès, Lebanon (humanitarian expert)
 Ms. Jeanine Lee Brudenell, United States of America (finance expert)

 Eritrea

 Mr. Emmanuel Deisser, Belgium (arms expert)
 Mr. Aurélien Llorca, France (transport expert)
 Mr. Dinesh Mahtani, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
(finance expert)
 I should be grateful if you would bring this matter to the attention of
the
members of the Security Council.
(Signed) BAN Ki-moon