[dehai-news] Inewp.com: Three New Mathematical Theorems Developed by Eritrean High School Student

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:08:53 +0200

 <http://inewp.com/?p=14038> Three New Mathematical Theorems Developed by
Eritrean High School Student

15/08/2012

The International Journal of Mathematics Research (IJMR) has recognized and
published three new mathematical theorems that are developed by an Eritrean
high school student as new to Mathematics.

Saied Mohammed Ali, who was a student at the Warsay - Yekealo Senior
Secondary School in Sawa back in 2010, had inspired to explore for any
possible means of converting the double and triple angle formulas that are
used in trigonometry, which mainly work in angles, into side relationships.
That led him to discover two new possible ways of conversion.

Named after his name, the two theorems are now published at the
International Journal of Pure and Applied Science vol. 3 of 2010 as 'Double
Angle Triangle' and 'Triple Angle Triangle' theorems. With the help of these
new formulas, one can convert any double angle formula into double angle
theorem and a triple angle formula into triple angle triangle theorem.

Saied said he was initially inspired by the Pythagoras theorem that later
drive the famous formula C2 = A2 + B2 for calculating one side of a right
angle triangle through side relationships.

Saied's two theorems could now solve different mathematical problems in
geometry, survey, physics, mathematics, astronomy and navigation.

Saied again made some extra efforts to create his third theorem. The
International Journal of Mathematics Research again published it as new
found discovery on its
<http://www.ripublication.com/irph/volume/ijmrv4n4.htm> Vol. 4, No.4 2012
edition [pp. 455-461] of the journal by introducing it to the world as '
<http://www.ripublication.com/irph/volume/ijmrv4n4.htm> Eritrea's Theorem'.

By making use of this new formula, Eritrea's Formula, it is now pretty
possible to find the other angles of a triangle based ONLY on the given
hypotenuse or by multiplying the three angles of a triangle.

Explaining why he decided to name his third formula after his country, Saied
said that:

"The tuition free education I am provided with in my homeland, Eritrea, is
the very source for the success I have so far achieved. If it was not so, I
could not reach this level of achievement."

Young Saied Mohammed Ali had repeatedly shunned several invitations to
participate at the International Science Conferences. Instead, he simply
chose and currently studying medicine at the Orotta School of Medicine and
Dentistry in Asmara.

Recognizing his exceptional contribution to the creative and innovative
works, President Isaias Afwerki of Eritrea awarded him with the highest
Innovative and Creativity award - the Soira Award later this year.