[dehai-news] A mind blowing festival with full of patriotism & Unity witness: (Eritrean Festival Press Release part one – Toronto August 2012)

From: Samuel Igbu <samuel.igbu_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 04:58:27 -0700

This past weekend, Eritreans from all over Southern Ontario celebrated the
annual Eritrean festival here in Toronto from the 4th to 6th of August
2012. Thousands of visitors came from surrounding cities; cities included
Toronto neighborhoods like London, Kitchener Ottawa, Montreal, New York,
Chicago and several others. Adding further excitement to the weekend were
the special guests of honours from Asmara, Eritrea; guests included Mr.
Zemheret Yohanes, head of Research & Documentation of PFDJ and Walta music
band. Present also was head of public affairs at the Eritrean Consulate
Semere Gebremariam. Lastly, other guests included professional physicians
and psychologists that informed the public on how to stay on top of our
physical and mental health. The special guests informed and entertained the
crowds of Eritreans throughout the weekend. The last day of the Festival
was spent outdoors at J.J. Piccininni park; the weather was perfect and the
crowds of people were able to watch local sports teams compete, purchase
goods from local vendors, eat food made by festival volunteers, watch local
talented HIDRI youth perform a culture show (promoting the role of
education in developing our communities and our Country), watch special
guests give away sports awards and dance until the sun set to the melodies
of young local talented artists from Toronto and the USA. All in all this
year’s festival was a brilliant and one that will surely be a memorable
one. Until next year!

overall pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=114505815539456719027&target=ALBUM&id=5774160229185448737&authkey=Gv1sRgCIfem8bbk7DX-AE&feat=email

 More pictures: