[dehai-news] Report on the fantastic Eritrean Festival in Toronto

From: YPFDJ Toronto <ypfdjtoronto_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 01:58:53 -0400

Eritrean Festival Report – Toronto August 2012

This past weekend, Eritreans from all over Southern Ontario celebrated the
annual Eritrean festival here in Toronto from the 4th and 6th of August.
Thousands of visitors came from surrounding cities; cities included Toronto
neighborhoods like London, Kitchener Ottawa, Montreal, New York, Chicago
and several others. Adding further excitement to the weekend were the
special guests from Asmara, Eritrea; guests included Mr. Zemheret Yohanes,
head of Research & Documentation of PFDJ and Walta music band. Present also
was head of public affairs at the Eritrean Consulate Semere Gebremariam.
Lastly, other guests included professional physicians and psychologists
that informed the public on how to stay on top of our physical and mental
health. The special guests informed and entertained the crowds of Eritreans
throughout the weekend. The last day of the Festival was spent outdoors at
J.J. Piccininni park; the weather was perfect and the crowds of people were
able to watch local sports teams compete, purchase goods from local
vendors, eat food made by festival volunteers, watch local talented HIDRI
youth perform a culture show (promoting the role of education in developing
our communities and our Country), watch special guests give away sports
awards and dance until the sun set to the melodies of young local talented
artists from Toronto and the USA. All in all this year’s festival was a
brilliant and one that will surely be a memorable one. Until next year!

Photos by Henok Sebhatu (henock.sebhatu_at_gmail.com):
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=114505815539456719027&target=ALBUM&id=5774160229185448737&authkey=Gv1sRgCIfem8bbk7DX-AE&feat=email

More pictures:
Pictures of day 1:
https://picasaweb.google.com/YPFDJToronto/ReleaseDay1Saturday
Pictures of day 2:
https://picasaweb.google.com/YPFDJToronto/ReleaseDay2Sunday
Pictures of day 3:
https://picasaweb.google.com/YPFDJToronto/ReleaseDay3Monday

--
YPFDJ - Young Peoples' Front for Democracy and Justice
Building a Strong, Conscious and Patriotic Youth Movement