[dehai-news] Shabait.com: 5th National Youth Festival opened today in coincidence with commencement of 25th round National Service

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:23:27 +0200

5th National Youth Festival opened today in coincidence with commencement of
25th round National Service

http://www.shabait.com/images/stories/pics/0-0-sawa-festival-2.jpgSawa, 13
July 2012 - The opening ceremony of the 5th National Youth Festival and the
official commencement of the 25th round National Service were conducted
today in Sawa in the presence of President Isaias Afwerki, Ministers, PFDJ
officials, Army commanders, Regional administrators, parents and a large
number of participants.

Speaking on the occasion, President Isaias congratulated parents, trainers,
trainees and the participants inside the country and those living abroad,
and indicated that such occasions are times when we ascertain that the trust
of martyrs is honored in deeds besides renewing our pledge. He further
pointed out that the citizenry are confident that members of the 25th round
National Service would safeguard the nation's dignity and unravel the vanity
of anti-Eritrea quarters.

Col. Debesai Gide on his part congratulated members of the 25th round
National Service that they stepped to their graduation day after
courageously facing social, military and academic challenges over the past
year. There is no doubt that they would keep track of their elders, he
added.

Members of the 25th round National Service staged military parades and other
performances. Moreover, military units, trainers and trainees who
demonstrated outstanding military performance received awards from President
Isaias, Gen. Sibhat Ephrem, Defense Minister, and Mr. Al-Amin Mohammed Seid,
Secretary of the PFDJ.

Pointing out that the past 21 years marked an era of development,
perseverance and resolve against external conspiracies, Mr. Sultan Seid,
Chairman of the National Union of Eritrean Youths and Students, expressed
congratulations to the Eritrean people upon demonstrating steadfastness in
pursuing independent political path and clear vision.

Different artistic works by artists inside the country and abroad
highlighted the role of Eritrean youths over the past 21 years, while
cultural troupes and individual artists from South Africa, the Republic of
Sudan, Rwanda and Uganda added color to the event.

Members of the 25th round National Service also took oath.

President Isaias' speech at the opening of the 5th National Youths Festival

Sawa, 13 July 2012: - I would first like to congratulate the participants of
the 25th round National Service, parents and trainers, as well as all those
participating in the event. I would also like to point out that occasions
like Independence Day, Martyrs Day and other significant events that take
place in Sawa, including the graduation of National Service batches, are
moments when we ascertain that the trust of martyrs is honored in deeds
besides renewing our pledge. Due congratulations also go to the trainers.

During occasions like the present one, it is logical to ponder on ways of
advising the graduating batch of youths as regards the national
responsibility they shoulder; The fact remains, however, that over the past
21 years they have lived up to the high responsibility entrusted them in
line with the supreme duty of honoring the trust of martyrs, and
safeguarding the nation's sovereignty, in addition to laying firm ground for
the nation-building process.

Similar to previous NSP participants, the present batch equally bear the
responsibility of living up to expectations as regards safeguarding the
nation's sovereignty, combating anti-Eritrea schemes and ensuring all-round
national progress.

Victory to the Masses!

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)