[dehai-news] Steel Guru, Sunridge continues to intersect gold and copper at Adi Rassi project

From: Semere Asmelash <semere22_at_hotmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:17:17 +0000

http://www.steelguru.com/metals_news/Sunridge_continues_to_intersect_gold_and_copper_at_Adi_Rassi_project/270841.html
Sunridge continues to intersect gold and copper at Adi Rassi project
Thursday, 28 Jun 2012
Sunridge Gold Corporation revealed their latest assay results from the first three diamond drill holes at its Adi Rassi copper gold prospect in Eritrea, East Africa.

Among the highlights, drill hole AR-010D intersected 0.19 grams per tonne gold and 1.44% copper over an interval of 57.72 meters. Other notable results include: 0.51 grams per tonne gold and 0.66% copper over an interval of 92.50 meters in drill hole AR-012D.

Drill hole AR-011D encountered 0.79 grams per tonne gold and 0.28% copper over 82.90 meters. This includes 2.86 grams per tonne and 0.41% over an interval of 17.61 meters.

Samples were prepared at the African Horn Testing Services and analyzed at Genalysis Laboratories in Perth, Western Australia. The 13 hole drill program aimed to better define and possibly extend the depth and strike extent of the mineralized zone at Adi Rassi. The results verify strong copper and gold mineralization over long intervals in the northern part of the zone.

These results are very encouraging as they support management’s belief that Adi Rassi is a new large copper and gold discovery that has the potential to become Sunridge’s fifth deposit on the Asmara project.

At Adi Rassi, previous work consisting of re sampling and assaying historic drill core and completing five drill holes in 2010, found a large zone of copper and gold mineralization about 60 to 80 meters wide over a strike length of 500 meters. In 2010, drill hole AR-002D hit an average gold grade of 1.32 gram per tonne and 0.84% copper over an interval of 84 meters while drill hole AR-004D found 0.22 gram per tonne gold and 1% copper over 78 meters.

Mr Michael Hopley CEO of Sunridge said that "With 4 deposits now in the final feasibility stage, we have added the possibility of a fifth deposit. Sunridge has proven again the remarkable exploration potential of the Asmara project."