[dehai-news] Boston Martyr's Day Event

From: Eritrea Mehary <eritrean02_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:23:50 -0400

On Wednesday June 20, 2012 Eritrean Community Development Center (ECDC) of
Boston, hosted its annually Martyr's Day remembrance ceremony. The ceremony
opened with a moment of silence to pay respect to all of our fallen
soldiers, followed by the Eritrean National Anthem. attendees were able to
view a computer feed of Eri-Tv , which included, President Issaias
Afwerki's Speech, various activities that took place for the martyr's day
event in Eritrea, poetry and songs.

Members of Boston's Hidri chapter lit a candle display of 9 candles to
signify the loss of life from each of the 9 tribes of Eritrea and all also
to signify the unity amongst the tribes.
That was followed by amazingly touching original poems from members of the
audience, highlighting the importance of the sacrifices that were made by
our Eritrean Heroes. The ceremony closed with a candle light vigil around
the grounds of the event space and fundraising as well as a donation box
that was set up in order to continue our yearly contributions to the
Martyr's Fund.

*(PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW PHOTO'S FROM THE EVENT)*

https://picasaweb.google.com/113811835697108581309/MartyrSDay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCI6iv-qUwaLA6QE&feat=directlink