[dehai-news] (Community - pictures) Eritreans residing in the Washington D.C. area commemorate Martyrs' Day

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:49:12 -0400

On June 20th, 2012, Eritrean nationals residing in the Washington D.C. area
came together to commemorate the fallen heroes and heroines of Eritrea on
the occasion of Martyrs' Day. Braving temperatures that hovered around 100
Degree Fahrenheit thousands of Eritreans gathered underneath the Washington
DC monument taking part in a solemn ceremony organized to honor and
remember Eritrea’s precious sons and daughters who paid the ultimate
sacrifice for their country.

The sacrifices of our fallen heroes and heroines were remembered through
heartfelt speeches, songs, and poems. The memorial event that started at
early dusk was capped off by a majestic candlelight vigil in which
participants marched in a somber procession along the paths of the monument
grounds.

To view images click here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.311551822269896.70143.224118577679888&type=1