[dehai-news] Eastafro.com: Video: Eritrea Candle light Parade (2012 Martyrs Day)

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:48:56 +0200

Video: Eritrea Candle light Parade (2012 Martyrs Day)

http://eastafro.com/Post/2012/06/20/video-eritrea-candle-light-parade-2012-m
artyrs-day/

June 21, 2012 /

Candle light parades conducted nationwide

http://www.shabait.com/images/stories/pics/0-19-june.jpgAsmara, 20 June 2012
- In connection with Martyrs Day under the theme: "Lofty Sovereign Dignity -
Fruit of Supreme Martyrdom," candle light parades were conducted yesterday
across the nation.

In the candle light parade in Asmara City, the Marching Band followed by
thousands of citizens from City Park area to Bahti Meskerem square, where
Ms. Leul Gebreab, Chairman of the National Holidays Coordinating Committee,
delivered a speech stressing the duty of reiterating our pledge to honor the
trust of martyrs. She further underlined that the Eritrean people deeply
treasure the life-sacrifice paid to achieve freedom.

The participants voiced moral satisfaction for renewing the pledge to honor
the trust of martyrs. A number of artistic works depicting the valor of the
fallen heroes featured in the occasion. (Shabait)

<http://eastafro.com/Post/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Candle-vigil-2012b.jpg>
http://eastafro.com/Post/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Candle-vigil-2012b-300x2
25.jpg

image001.jpg