[dehai-news] ERITREAN COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANOUNCEMENTS JUNE 2012

From: BIRIKTI BAHTA <lkyriak_at_shaw.ca_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 03:19:05 -0500

JUNE 9, 2012
HELD SUCCESFULL FUNDRAISING
AFTER-SCHOOL TUTORING PROGRAM WITH THE
NEWCOMERS EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES COALITION
FOUNDED BY THE ERITREAN COMMUNITY IN WINNIPEG INC
THE GONGO CHARITY AND THE SIERRA LEONE RESETLMENT
ATTENDED BY
MINISTER CHRISTINE MELNICK
REPRESENTATIVE OF MINISTER MARCELLINO
SEVERAL DIGNITARIES FROM WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISIONS
AGENCIES AND FOUNDATIONS TOTAL ATTENDED 123 PEOPLE
All proceeds go towards  the development of the After-School tutoring Program
AND BENEFITS THE 67 STUDENTS, THEIR FAMILIES AND EXENDED ENVIRONMENT

PICNIC ASSINIBOINE PARK
at 11:30 am.
SATURDAY 16TH OF JUNE 2012
"ERITREAN CULTURE AND LANGUAGE SCHOOL "
IN WINNIPEG MANITOBA

Sunday June 17th Mealti Suwuat
Legislative building
05:00
Remembering our fallen
 brothers and sisters
 for Eritrea's Freedom

Saturday 23 of June 2012
GANG AWARENESS AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH WORKSHOP
An interesting presentation for parents in colaboration  of the Eritrean Community
with the Winnipeg Police, RCMP and CFS
10:00 a.m at the
Eritrean Community Center
346 Hargrave

Sunday July 1st
CANADA DAY
PICNIC TO ST.MALO
BUS LEAVING FROM COMMUNITY AT
09:00 AND 11:00 A.M.
BUS FARE $5 PER SEAT

ERITREAN FESTIVALS
TORONTO
4TH 5TH AN 6TH OF AUGUST
CALGARY
11TH AD 12TH OF AUGUST

Please read announcement below regarding trial

attached mail follows:

Updated version. Please post it.

selam to all,

The court's preliminary hearing that started on Monday June 11, 2012
ended Thursday June 14, 2012. The accused is charged with all counts and
murder as our crown put it. This is the first hurdling. The case will be
heard in Queen's bench some time in the future. So far your support has
been super and almost everyday the court was packed and I would like you
to continue your unwavering support until it is over. I will keep you posted
on upcoming court dates. I would appreciate if you could pass this
piece of information to all your contacts.

Sincerely,

Alemsghed Asghedom