[dehai-news] WFDY General Council calls for the Immediate Annulment of Unjust Sanctions against Eritrea

From: NUEYS Eritrea <nueyspub2001_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 07:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.nueys.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&catid=51&Itemid=73 WFDY General Council calls for the Immediate Annulment of Unjust Sanctions against Eritrea   During its General Council meeting, which took place from 23-25 May 2012 in Harhare, Zimbabwe, the World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) called for the immediate annulment of the unjust sanctions imposed on Eritrea, and that the final and binding decision of the Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission be respected in its political resolution.   The National Union of Eritrean Youth and Students (NUEYS) participated in this important meeting not just as a member of the WFDY General Council but also as the WFDY Regional Coordinator for Africa.   The aim of the General Council meeting was to proceed with the efforts of implementing the decisions made at the 18th Assembly of WFDY, which took place in November 2012. Organized under the theme “Youth Struggle against Imperialism: We Choose Our Own Future,” the GC discussed organizational affairs, the Report on Activities and the Plan of Action until the next GC meeting. Included in this plan of action is WFDY’s participation in the East Africa Youth Forum, which will take place in Asmara from 7-13 July 2012, and the 5th Eri-Youth Festival, which will take place in Sawa from 13-15 July 2012.   Besides enhancing NUEYS’ relations with the ZANU-PF Youth League of Zimbabwe, ANC Youth League of South Africa and other progressive youth movements in Africa, discussions took place with the National Secretary for Youth Affairs in Zimbabwe, Mr. A. Sikhosana.   On the 25th of May, there was a tour to the National Heroes Acre and various development sites. It was also on that day that Africa Day celebrations took place.