[dehai-news] Very enthusiastic celebration of our independence day under the theme "Eritrean Independence: core of Dignity" in Vancouver B.C Concluded with high spirit & and energy successfully.

From: samuel Igbu <ypfdjbc_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 04:16:05 -0700

On the weekend of May 26th, 2012 the Eritrean Cultural Center in
Greater-Vancouver (ECCGV) hosted its annual Eritrean Independence Day
event. It was held from 9pm till 3am in Vancouver, British Columbia
(Canada). NUEW/YPFDBC was also a big part of the night as they worked
alongside ECCGV to help making the event a success. Musician Mebrahtu
Hidray along with keyboardist Wedi Armando were the musical guests for the
night. Food was provided by NUEW as well as a beautiful cake designed and
baked by NUEW member _ _ _ _ _.

The evening started out with grace remembering the martyrs, the Eritrean
national anthem and speeches by YPFDJBC's own Sophia Salem and Yohannes
(Wedi Keshi) on Eritrea's 21st anniversary, core, and dignity.It was
immediately followed with a grand entrance by the women and attendees
holding flags and dancing.

In the festivity conducted in Vancouver B.C on may 26, the Eritrean
community members affirmed that the development goals being pursued in
Eritrea their roots in the people's participations, and that the nation
would as ever remain dignified.

Eritrean community in B.C expressed congratulations to compatriots inside
the country and their leadership, they expressed resolve to back up
development endeavors in the country.

The night ended with Mebrahtu Hidray joining the crowd, kirar in tow, to
enjoy the last song of a beautiful and successful night.

Youtube Link for the event picture video clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjVxydOtcA&list=UUZjiOlZCxyVTz93N3xcN21A&index=1&feature=plcp
--
Sincerely
*YPFDJ British Columbia Chapter*