[dehai-news] small in size, bigger in achievement

From: Stefanos <stefanos08_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:54:34 -0800 (PST)

First and foremost we need to understand that this sanctions are not simply passed by just Susan Rice without the knowledge of the president Obama or his administration. Just because he run for change doesn’t necessarily mean there will be change as we have seen the results so far, so US simply follows for good or bad the same old agenda. They favored Ethiopia and sidelined Eritrea for years and continue to do so, but unfortunately this is a failed strategy and  will never ever work as it is tried in the past. The corrupt and minority regime in Ethiopia is fragile than ever and the countdown to regime change is getting closer and closer each and single day.   The US did and is continuing blindly sidelining Eritrea before and after its independence. Although it might seem small in size, this is a nation that fought and won and liberated a country ( Ethiopia and Eritrea together ) many times larger than its size with no one’s help, so “demonizing  Eritrea and its leadership would never achieve whatever goal it is  seeking to achieve! It only makes the US look silly in front of the  whole wide world. After decades of attempting to block the Eritrean  people's right for independence, one would have thought, by now, that  the US would finally play a constructive role in the region for a  change, if not for moral high ground, to correct its tried and failed  policies of the Horn region in general and Eritrea in particular.”( Berhane Alazar )  The US have more to gain from Eritrea by engaging in dialogue rather than imposing unjust sanction after sanction. Eritrea believe it or not is vital to peace and prosperity in that region,and as long as the US follows the same old failed agenda there is no need our dear President Isaias presence or eritrean delegates in NYC or to the Security Council as there will not be any different outcomes. I encourage people to sign the present petition, although deep down in my heart this one also is going to receive deaf ears as it did so many times (letters, demonstrations etc..) in the past, but I highly recommend all eritreans in the world to keep educating and writing about this US-SC injustices, and our delegates to continue creating relationship with each and every country in the world.   The real change will never be achieved unless the US 1) stops and closes its old failed agenda and engages in a renewed, constructive and positive dialogue with the government and people of Eritrea, 2) change its  ambassador Susan Rice and replace her with someone mature and responsible 3) cancel the unjust sanctions 4) stop obstruction and solve Ethio-Eri border issue ( as there will never be a peaceful Ethiopia without Eritrea’s collaboration ) 4) stop disruption Qatar’s Djibouti-Eritrea border discussions 5) Help solve Somali 20+ years of war and unrest, and not use it as an excuse to create more chaos in the region.