[dehai-news] (WhatHouse.gov) Petition The Obama Administration: Block the push to strengthen sanctions against Eritrea

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 11:36:04 -0500

http://t.co/gv2HiQ4v

we petition the obama administration to:
block the push to strengthen existing sanctions and to lift the sanctions
that were imposed on Eritrea

We are outraged that your ambassador at the UN is pushing the Security
Council to place more sanctions against the people of Eritrea. This latest
call for sanctions, like the one in 2009 doesn’t serve US national interest
and it will not bring peace to the war ravaged Horn of Africa.

We believe the solution is on constructive engagement and not in
scapegoating or isolating Eritrea. That is why we strongly urge your
administration block the push to strengthen existing sanctions and to lift
the sanctions that were imposed on this young nation. We also urge you to
push Ethiopia to implement the final and binding demarcation decision of
the Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission (EEBC) without preconditions or
further delay.
*Created:* Dec 01, 2011
*Issues:* Foreign Policy

http://t.co/gv2HiQ4v