[dehai-news] Newly Translated Book

From: <hbokure_at_aol.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:14:28 -0500 (EST)

This book was originally written in Swedish language, by Ole Hagner, the founder of Keren School for the Deaf. Mr. Gunnar Gomer who was a teacher in the aforementioned school translated it for me into English. On my part, it took me six months to translate this monumental opus into our lingua franca, Tigrgina.

The book deals with the history of Keren School for the Deaf, and the role of Swedish and Finish missionaries as well as indigenous educators in expanding the institution during the period spanning 1955-1975. In his introductory note, the author describes untold human drama that has to do with the deaf experience in Eritrean setting. Aside some historical episodes, this would make the book so fascinating and unique as such. Not only that, the author describes how the students and caring teachers terrorized every now and then amid a sporadic cross fire while roaming army trucks past their lonely school roads. This book also covers the history of this important town with its hospitable climate and beautiful gardens. This is more highlighted by some pictures of early pioneers including the panorama with the major edifices surrounded by nearby mountains.

>From the perspective of its contents and format, this book seems to be a driving force in the work of Aren Gustav " Evangelical Pioneers of Ethiopia" which is virtually about Eritrea. The work is rewritten and modified under the title "Kenisha" by pastor Ezra. It is now available for sale by the Red Sea Press.

This book has been published in a limited quantity. The income from the sale of this book will be used to publish the English version by next year. The price is $20.00 including postage and handling in USA. It can be ordered by pay pals. Otherwise, you can send a check or money order payable in my name under the following address:-

Haile Bokure
P.O. Box 1395
Powder Springs, GA 30127

Thanks,