[dehai-news] Job well-done, Eritreans in Sweden and Alenalki staff

From: Haile Abraham <haileab99_at_msn.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:57:24 -0400

Greetings,

While the historic PIA public seminar in New York is still fresh in our memory, another equally historic Eritrean event has also taken place in the streets of Stockholm, Sweden on October 7, 2011. No, this is not another PIA magical appearance in Stockholm. It is just a massive public gathering and a demonstration against the Swedish media to express their outrage and anger by its unfair and racist treatment of Eritreans and also by its unwarranted and relentless attack against the State of Eritrea.

Thanks to the hard-working Eritreans at Alenalki website, many of us were able to witness in a video the emotions, the love and support the Eritreans in Sweden have for each other and also for their country Eritrea and its citizens. In the past several year, it has been reported that many Swedish media outlasts, particularly Expressen , one of two nationwide evening tabloid newspapers in Sweden, have unfairly been embarked on a mission to destroy Eritrea's image and also to created a division and sow discord among Eritreans in the Eritrean community in Sweden. Furthermore, their virus of hatred that these irresponsible Media have been spreading has unfortunately made its ways in to the Swedish Parliament, which is now foolishly scrambling like a snake to stop the 2% remittance that Eritreans are happily paying. And in a disturbing pattern of unethical practice, some local schools, where young Eritrean children are attending, many are now being coerced and brainwashed to view Eritrea and Eritreans negatively.

We all are aware that the Swedish media, other than being a subservient to its cousins in the White House, has no MORAL or ETHICAL reasons to treat Eritreans in its soil like this. But Eritreans are patient people until they know that a limit has been reached. That is why the Eritrean heroes of Sweden, not be outdone by their brethrens in New York, and accompanied by the song "Tsinbilale'" by Wedi Tuquabo, took it to the streets of Stockholm by thousands to say "Enough is Enough" and "You MUST stop this nonsense NOW!!!!"

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the OC of the Eritrean Swedish community for such a huge and successful historic event. And looking at the video, I am sure that many Eritreans around the world have felt, as I have, that they were there in the demonstration with you emotionally, spiritually and morally. This event is certainly one more testimony that reassures the POWER of our Nation is in its UNITY of its citizens.

Again, congratulations and keep up the inspirational work,

"Awet-nHafash!!!!"

Haile A.

Please visit www.alenalki.com to watch the video clips to see the atmosphere of the Demonstration held by Eritreans in Sweden yesterday Friday 7th of October 2011.

         ----[This List to be used for Eritrea Related News Only]---- Received on Sun Oct 09 2011 - 14:16:05 EDT