[dehai-news] Urge Ethiopia to allow demarcation without any precondition & lift the unfair sanction on Eritrea

From: Asmerom Gelaidos (mail@change.org)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2011 - 23:39:33 EDT

 Hello All,

I just signed the petition "Urge Ethiopia to allow demarcation without any precondition & lift the unfair sanction on Eritrea" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name on it. I am sure our voice can make a difference.

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroot movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word! Our goal is to reach 5000 signatures and we need more support. Please help in posting the link in every Eritrean, human right and affiliated websites and please advocate for it in every group that you belong to - you may have them for your recreational sports league, neighborhood group, church, classes, book club, professional associations, and more. These are hundreds or even thousands of potential allies for our cause. Let's exploit every channel available to us to make our voices heard. And let's not make our aim to recruit only Eritreans in our campaign, but also friends of Eritreans and others. If we don't counter the Ethiopian government's lies and fabrications, they will achieve what they want in the long run, their goal is to isolate and weaken Eritrea.

Don't underestimate writing petitions like this, as change.org put it, "Change doesn't happen all by itself it happens when people are willing to stand up and ask for what is right".

Campaigns like this can influence politicians to stand with the public, for example, according to change.org, "Women in Saudi Arabia are driving! Saudi women activists won 3 campaigns on Change.org this week: With your help, they got charges dropped against Manal al-Sharif, who was arrested for driving a car in a country where it's illegal for women to do so. After two more petitions targeting Hillary Clinton and Europe's top ambassador Catharine Ashton, both spoke out forcefully in favor of giving women the right to drive (and Hillary says she only took a public stand because of this campaign!)."

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” Edmond Burke

You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/urge-ethiopia-to-allow-demarcation-without-any-precondition-lift-the-unfair-sanction-on-eritrea?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email

http://www.change.org/petitions/urge-ethiopia-to-allow-demarcation-without-any-precondition-lift-the-unfair-sanction-on-eritrea?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email

Thanks!
The Eritrean Diaspora