[dehai-news] Seattle Eritreans Observed Yet Another Successful Martyrs' Day!

From: Berhane Alazar (erigram@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2011 - 22:53:59 EDT

Seattle Eritreans Observed Yet Another Successful Martyrs' Day!

The just concluded Eritrean Independence Day observation would not have
been possible if it were not for the heroic deeds our Martyrs did to
liberate our country by paying the ultimate. Because of their martyrdom,
we - the Eritrean people have been able to live in freedom and liberty
for the last 20 years, a phenomenon that had long been denied to us by
various powers.

In spite it being observed in weekday and at prime traffic time, more
than 500 Eritreans and friends of Eritrea joined hands to commemorate
this solemn day, which is near and dear to every Eritrean's heart.

A moving video was being shown, until the Seattle Mahbere Kom hall, in
which the Memorial was being held, quickly began filling to a standing
room audience. Solemn music appropriate for the occasion was played live
by some of our local talents, which mesmerized and captivated the
audience. Various poems and tributes to our Martyrs were read by fellow
Eritreans. The theme of the speeches were to express our collective
appreciation to our fallen heroes and heroines whom we are deeply
indebted to; and that we should continue to support the Martyrs'
families for it is our sacred duty. To that effect some new pledges have
been registered, of which more than 5,000 dollars were immediately
collected!

There is a kind of unwritten belief among Eritreans, wherever we may be,
that we shall never forget our Martyrs and we were not disappointed
Monday, 20 Sene!

Glory to our Martyrs!

Awet nhafash!

Hagerawi Shmagle be'Alat Seattln kebabi'an

20 Sene 013.JPG
20 Sene 017.JPG
20 Sene 022.JPG
20 Sene 024.JPG