[dehai-news] NORWAY ERITREANS REMEMBERED THEIR MARTYRS 2011

From: Tesfamicael Yohannes (teckle3@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2011 - 07:20:33 EDT

NORWAY ERITREANS REMEMBERED THEIR MARTYRS 2011
This year Eritreans in Norway passed prolonged winter and still the weather is cold. Sun in Norway is not kind. It is nature and people accept it with no complaints. Norwegians did a lot to make every bodies home to be warm and pleasant. Food is abundant and electronically materials are easily acquired in every home. Having comfort and warmth inside home going outside is not that much desirable. That is why people in Norway prefer to stay home.

In the chilly weather in Norway Eritreans instead of staying indoors walked away to join fellow brothers and sisters in a place called Ekberg in Oslo. It is said that Eritrean are one heart and one people. It is true, when Eritreans rejoice the celebration of their independence, they do it as one people and as one heart. Knowing that the happiness and rejoice during the independence day 24th May 2011 was not a priceless cheap event. It is the price of heavy sacrifices. Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and relatives shed their blood to bring the day of happiness. It is the sacrifices of the martyrs that paved the way of the prevailing tranquility and happiness.

20th June is the chosen day to remember the fallen heroes and heroines of Eritrea. The martyrs of Eritrea touch every home in Eritrea. I myself have paid my cousins, aunts and part of family for the independence of Eritrea. And every Eritrean has its own version. In general every Eritrean has paid for independence of Eritrea. Martyrs day is the day we Eritreans remember our martyrs as one people and one heart.

Eritreans in Oslo with full uncertainty whether rain comes or not equipped with umbrella in case rain comes gathered at Ekeberg to light a candle, walk a walk of remembrance and sing to the glory and heroism of the fallen brothers and sisters. Though it would have been very cheap and easy case for every Eritrean to do it separately in home the preferred venue was to come together and show solidarity as one people and one heart so that the ideal place was Ekberg.

Ekberg is a place at high altitude in Oslo. It is open green area surrounded with thick forests. The breadth of air is fresh but chilly. It is quite and pleasant to stay there as long as you want. It has a fantastic panorama that shows the sea where Oslo is laid besides it. It is wise of Eritreans to choose this place as a gathering place to remember the martyrs. This is second year to do so and it seems it will continue in future as well. INSHALLAH.

I personally appreciate for those who are taking their time and effort to arrange such occasions in Oslo.

Watch the YouTube video of the event linked here.

http://www.afronorway.com/documents/youtube.php

God bless Eritrea
Tesfamicael Yohannes
Oslo, Norway