[dehai-news] ACTION DAY! ACTION DAY! ACTION DAY!

From: NA-YPFDJ Media (ypfdjmedia@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2010 - 14:53:47 EST

TODAY IS THE DAY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ERITREANS AROUND THE WORLD WILL
MAKE SURE THEIR VOICES ARE HEARD.

TODAY IS ACTION DAY!

Eritreans in the diaspora are contacting President Barack Obama and
Secretary General Banki Moon to inform them of this unfair sanction against
Eritrea. One year ago, Resolution 1907 was passed by the UN Security Council
and we must let them know this is not the way to handle situations in the
Horn.

We have to appeal to them to DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to lift these
sanctions and do right by assisting the people and government of Eritrea in
their effort of eradicate poverty and their fight against international
terrorism.

Sample letters are below. Please take a few seconds out of your day to email
President Barack Obama and Secretary General Banki Moon what you think about
these sanctions!

Contact President HERE: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

Contact UN Secretary General HERE:
http://www.un.org/en/contactus/index.shtml

SAMPLE LETTER TO BARACK:

Dear President Barack Obama,

Please accept my letter regarding a serious matter that concerns me, as
American descendent of Eritrea, full heartedly I supported your presidential
election understanding the United States role in leading a peaceful and
better world. This December will mark the one-year anniversary of the unfair
and unjust sanctions against my country, Eritrea. Last winter, thousands of
Eritreans around the world protested against these sanctions to the U.S.
government as well as the UN, yet still we see no improvements. As the most
powerful leader in the world of a very influential country I am asking you
to hear the voices of the thousands of Eritreans who have supported you and
believe in United Sates leadership capability. We see the change you hope to
bring to this country and to this world. We urge you to represent us as well
as our vision for peace and stability in the Horn of Africa by annulling the
sanctions imposed on Eritrea.

OR

I believe it is my civic duty to support my country USA in any way that is
possible as it plays its’ global leadership role. It has been almost a year
since the UNSC unjustly imposed Sanctions 1907 (2009) upon the peace loving
people of my country of origin Eritrea. In my last letter to you I asked the
unfair and unjust act taken by the UNSC against the people & government of
Eritrean to be lifted. The Eritrean people have, throughout history suffered
repeatedly by illegal actions of the United Nations and the US
administrations, these sanctions are no exception.

SAMPLE LETTER TO SEC GEN. BANKI MOON:

DEAR MR. SECRETARY-GENERAL,

It has been almost a year since the UNSC under your leadership unjustly
imposed Sanctions 1907 (2009) upon the peace loving people of Eritrea.

The Eritrean people have, throughout history suffered repeatedly at the
hands of the United Nations and these sanctions are no exception. The UN
cannot continue victimizing the Eritrean people.

Mr. Secretary General, I again appeal to you to DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER
to lift these sanctions and do right by assisting the people and government
of Eritrea in their effort of eradicating poverty and their fight against
international terrorism.

Spread the word!