[dehai-news] (CN) It was Kenya vs Eritrea at this weekend's cross-country race in Spain

From: B-Haile (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2010 - 15:54:26 EST

It was Kenya versus Eritrea at this weekend's cross-country race in Spain.

Competitor Network

Joseph Ebuya Makes It Look Easy In Spain

Published: Dec 6th 2010 10:06 PM EST by News

It was Kenya versus Eritrea at this weekend's cross-country race in Spain.

Reigning world cross-country champion, Joseph Ebuya of Kenya, won the 29th 'Cross Internacional de la Constitución', which was held in Spain last weekend. Ebuya's margin of victory in the race was 19 seconds over second-place finisher Teklemariam Medhin of Eritrea. Medhin was the reigning world cross-country silver medalist. Understandably, there has been quite a rivalry going between these two runners with Medhin defeating Ebuya at Atapuerca, Spain four weeks ago.

After the race, an extremely pleased Ebuya had this to say about the race: "This win is particularly important for me as the guys assembled here were very strong. I pushed hard from the beginning as that's the tactic which suits me best and also to avoid a tight finish."

Ebuya confirmed that he is now going to return to Kenya for training, but hopes to return to Europe in January for more racing.

"I'll be in Punta Umbría to defend my gold medal at the Worlds and the fact of being on Spanish soil is good for me as I have competed several times here over the last few years," he said.

Emeterio Valiente for the IAAF

RESULTS

MEN (10,100m) -
 1. Joseph Ebuya, KEN 29:37