[dehai-news] (African Review) Ethiopia to Egypt: We've evidence on your sabotage

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2010 - 11:06:31 EST

http://www.africareview.com/News/Ethiopia%20says%20it%20has%20evidence%20against%20Egypt/-/979180/1061178/-/pemmfw/-/

Ethiopia to Egypt: We've evidence on your sabotage
 Ethiopia's Prime Minister Meles Zenawi. FILE | AFRICA REVIEW |
By ARGAW ASHINE in Addis Ababa (email the author)

  Posted Friday, November 26 2010 at 15:40

Ethiopia has maintained that it had evidence about Egypt's support to
rebels against the Addis government in order to secure the River Nile
waters.

Egypt has denied the accusation.

Ethiopian Prime Minister was early this week quoted by Reuters news
agency as saying that Egypt could not win a war with Ethiopia, hence
Cairo's strategy to support rebel groups to destabilise the
neighbouring state.

Mr Meles termed the alleged move unfortunate as there were efforts to
ensure equitable sharing of the Nile waters.

Make public

Ethiopian Government spokesman Shimeles Kemal told the Africa Review
that Addis had concrete evidence on Egyptian covert support to armed
rebel groups.

We will give the details at the right time, Mr Shimeles said.

Intelligence sources within the Ethiopian Government also hinted that
Addis was preparing to make public its evidence against Egypt.

The sources claimed that Ethiopia's arch-foe Eritrea, was helping
Egypt to reach the rebel groups.