[dehai-news] Eritrea's struggle to Survive: A documentary of the can do nation.

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 12:18:46 EST

     It is my pleasure to announce that the documentary "Eritrea's struggle
to survive" has made it's way to amazon.com. I say this because whenever
people ask Eritreans about the country they now have a quality High
Definition video that can easily be accessible to everyone. The documentary
has already been seen on Al Jazeera Arabic translated into Arabic in April
2010. It has also premiered on August 9th, 2010 on PBS member station WXXI
in Rochester New York. Look for this awesome documentary, "Eritrea's
Struggle to Survive," on 51 other PBS stations across the United States
starting at the end of this month as it makes it's way into America's living
rooms. It is a collectors item and that is why Amazon has shown a great
interest in marketing the DVD. So far the reviews have been very positive
since the DVD was made available in a short span of time. Here are the four
reviews from those who have purchased their copies and their thoughts,

*1. "This was a beautifully-filmed documentary! I knew practically nothing
about Eritrea but now I feel like I've been there. How interesting that
there's a country like this in Africa, and the rest of the world knows
nothing about it. Highly recommended."*
*
*
*2. "**Before watching this film all I really knew about Eritrea was its
long running conflict with Ethiopia, beyond that there didn't seem to be
much more of interest. However this documentary showed me how wrong I
was. **This film is packed with surprises, from the futuristic architecture
of its beautiful capital (Mussolini liked his cinemas so they built five of
them) to the country's innovative school health programmes. The school
health programme **interestingly draws upon the experiences of the
underground schools created during the civil war by integrating health
checks into each school which means they are able to treat more kids more
cost-effectively. I generally have a very **short attention span for these
sorts of films but the story of this small country kept me gripped." *
*
*
*3. "First class portreyal of a history and struggle few know about. Miami
Beach meets Africa."*
*4. "This film captures Eritrea's history and current challenges like no
other. Beautiful photography, surprising history and marvelous story telling
about a place many people haven't heard of *
*
*
*The producer's of this excellent story of the can do people of Eritrea have
on their product description an editorial review that says;*
*Eritrea's Struggle to Survive is the result of unprecedented access that
offers a rare look inside the reclusive nation of Eritrea. It's a place that
many have never heard of, yet which offers stunning beauty, geographical and
ethnic diversity - and an indomitable spirit. This is the first full-length
High Definition documentary ever filmed in the newly created state - it's
the story of saving unique Art Deco architecture, a mid-century steam train
- and also the more urgent attempt to preserve the health of its children
through its education system and network of teachers. It's also the story of
the longest successful guerrilla war in history - a three decade underground
struggle that created an underground government-in-waiting. And when those
fighters won independence, we see the remarkable result: health and
education systems created in tandem that work together, and now which are
set on preserving the future of its school children, just like it has set
out to preserve its culture. Beautifully filmed, enjoyable to watch,
Eritrea's Struggle to Survive will take you on a journey to the most
beautiful place you've never been to. Part of Baney Media's PBS series
"Behind the Crisis" *
Look for the documentary to air on your local PBS station soon and support
the purchase of this unique document by telling others who have a blind view
of Eritrea. It also makes for a nice gift.

Thank you and enjoy the DVD.

Mike Seium.

*
*