[dehai-news] Shaebia.org: EriAm Sisters: Excelling Music Industry

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 14:33:12 EDT

EriAm Sisters: Excelling Music Industry
Mansour Nouredin,

Sep 21, 2010

http://www.shaebia.org/artman/uploads/02_056.jpg

The nomination of 21st September as EriAm Sisters' day in Renton Highlands,
Seattle Oregon, apart being semifinalists at the famed NBC's reality
television series, American Got Talent, is also the result of the
humanitarian activities they have carried out during the last four years,
said Mr. Mulugeta Abraham, the father of the musician sisters.

"The nomination, proclaimed by Renton's Mayor Denis Law on September 18,
2009, is first of its kind in the city's history and has been a propelling
factor to the career they are seriously pursued on."

In a single year, they have performed 64 shows to which the proceeds went to
several charity groups.
The EriAm sisters, who were labeled as the next Destiny Child by the NBC's
American Got Talent judge Mr. Piers Morgan, is composed of Lianda (17),
Salina (15) and Haben (12).

The Eritrean American musicians who officially embarked their music career
in 2006 under the name EriAm sisters has grown up in a music environment.
"We born and grownup around music," says Haben Abraham. "Our parents'
influence, in a career which was identified during our childhood was
instrumental," added the younger sibling.

Mr. Mulugeta, a product manager at Boeing, is an accomplished musician and
has played music with various bands and has two albums to his name.Since
their childhood they liked to sing songs such as "Barney...", yet they never
thought taking music as a career, the EriAm sisters said.

But he says it is Haben who pulls the music in the house." "Haben showed the
desire to be the center of attention,"" says Mulugheta. "If it is her
birthday she actually wants to sing instead of other people. At her 2 years
old, her elementary school music teacher sensing her talent suggested their
parents the trio to focus on music," Mulugeta said.

"As kids, we listened to and sang a lot of Tigrigna songs," said the girls.
"We would sing at home, dinner, family gatherings, birthdays and any family
event. The song 'Semira, Semira Gual Asmara' was our favorite when we were
young."

The EriAm sisters do not confine themselves in giving rendition to songs
that are not theirs. They also compose lyrics. Diary, a single written by
Haben, has stayed number one for 4 weeks in Alabama 105.7 FM radio station
in 2007.Last year, the EriAm sisters has released their debut album
including four songs and eight covers. Most of the covers on the CD were
recorded when Haben was 9. The album was produced by John Silva, Kevin
Gardner and DJ Freestyle, the official DJ of Timbaland and Justin
Timberlake.

For the last two years, Haben, Salina and Lianda have wowed crowds with
their stage presence and extraordinary performances across the nation. "My
sisters are the key to my success," says Haben. "We work perfectly together
and even gave nicknames for each other, I am the vision, Lianda is the
compassion and Salina is the determination".
The Eritrean community in Seattle has been very supportive in their music
career, said the sisters. Since their first performance at an Eritrean
festival in 2007 in Seattle, they began to involve in Eritrean community
affairs.

EriAm sisters visited their country last July for their third time. During
their stay in Eritrea, they performed several performances along with the
Eri Artista, an Eritrean Diaspora musical group during the fourth Eritrean
youth festival.

"Now, that we first-handedly experience our country's situation, we decided
to work hand to hand with our Eritrean compatriots for the best of our
country, "they said.

"Our impression in Eritrea was an awesome," Salina said. She later said
that, the adventurous bus ride from Asmara to Sawa, which was accompanied by
rain showers, was simply fascinating. More importantly the genuine gesture
we were accorded by the residents in the town of Akurdet was really
inspirational.

The graduates of the 23rd round of the national service, especially the
ladies really inspired us, they said. They later added that the experience
they got in Sawa was also something they would feel proud off.
"Those young countrymen are struggling day and night to the betterment of
our home country and hence we owe them a lot."

During their stay in Asmara, they visited Asmara Orphan Center. Describing
their experience, Lianda said the visitation stimulated them to establish a
foundation to help those innocent kids whose smiles touched deep their
hearts.

"As I adore children, I will definitely do senior projects that involve with
the orphanage," Lianda added. Lianda, is a Greek word for love.It was so
hard to leave the orphanage, added Salina. We were so moved by the loving
and caring kids. "An experience which is hard to forget," they noted.

Beside their musical career, the trio is striving to excel on their studies.
Despite the hectic schedules they have, they are accomplishing well, said
their mother, Mrs. Tiblets Melles. For instance, Salina has scored excellent
grades in her studies.

Apart their music career, Lianda wants to be a pediatrician, Salina an
entertainment lawyer, and as Haben likes to write she wants to get herself
as an author. In regard to their parents, Haben said that they were very
supportive from the day one. And the credit for our humble accomplishment
goes to them, she noted.

In their music career, the trio wants to amplify the Eritrean culture,
hairstyle and tradition so as to relay positive image of the motherland.
"That is how we maintain our attachment with Eritrea," they added.

With regards their future plan the girls would continue performing music and
of course sign deal with producers. "We will keep writing songs, keep
performing and representing Eritrea" they said.

The bright future awaiting these gifted girls is vivid from the very start.
As a sign to their ever-growing magnificent talent, many major companies
like Sony, Universal, Mercury Records, Paradigm Motion Pictures, and Epic
Records have been showing interest in the girls and also asking to sign
contracts.

On their 1st anniversary of the proclamation, the sisters will give a
benefit concert on September 26th, in which the proceeds will go to Passages
Northwest, a nonprofit organization that helps inspire courage and
leadership in girls through the exploration of the arts, sciences, and
natural environment.

C Copyright 2001-2009 Shaebia.org

image001.jpg