[dehai-news] Shabait.com: President Isaias' Speech On The Occasion Of The Zagre Award Ceremony

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2010 - 08:15:33 EDT

President Isaias' Speech On The Occasion Of The Zagre Award Ceremony

Thursday, 16 September 2010 10:19

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Students, Teachers and Parents,

I would first like to congratulate all the students who scored outstanding
marks to be part of this ceremony of awarding excellence. I would also
particularly like to congratulate the parents and teachers.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Although the double fold rise in the number of outstanding students this
year is a gratifying measure of success, it also raises a number of
questions.

The fact that the wealth of a nation or the nation building process is
measured not in terms of natural resources but through hard working,
productive and skilled human resources is a truth that had been clear even
before independence. But the important question here is whether we have
realized our aspirations in the past 20 years.

Although we have strived a lot and achieved much, we have yet to realize the
kind of educational facilities and system we aspire for. Still, such a happy
occasion adds further drive so that we can work towards creating an
environment where the education system and the necessary facilities extend
over an extensive area.

It should be noted here that the progress achieved in previous years has
been registered while the country and people faced hostilities from all
sides. The continued attempts to obstruct the country's educational and
training programs are aimed at disrupting the nation's wealth of educated
youth, assuming one of the most important resolute rebuff fronts. And the
progress we have achieved is measured in relation with this fact. This
year's outstanding results by our students prove that our human and youth
resources will continue to develop irrespective of ill-devised hostilities.

I would like to remind all the outstanding students present here that the
recognition they have received is merely the beginning, and to call on them
to maintain their efforts and determination in a manner that secures
continuity of excellence by promoting skills, knowledge, creativeness and
innovation.
I would like also to call on all teachers and educational institutions to
practically asses this achievement so that they can identify the driving
forces behind such a success and accordingly work to promote it. But most of
all they should all strive to strengthen and develop the educational and
training system.

Congratulations once again to all students, teachers and parents!

Victory To The Masses!