[dehai-news] 6th Annual YPFDJ- North America Conference Reflections

From: Adiam Tekeste (adiamtekeste@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2010 - 12:02:43 EDT

As the participants from the 6th Annual YPFDJ- NA conference return to
their
respective cities, the energy and inspiration gained during the Labor
Day
weekend has been spread throughout the Eritrean youth of North America
and
Europe. Many of the participants have returned to their hometowns with
a new
found spirit, anxious to start a chapter or plan events for the 2010-11
year! Alex Amaniel of Alexandria, VA shared that, "The conference has
surpassed the previous ones on all levels. The presentation by Dr.
Woldai
Futur was detailed and highly informative. What I learned about
Eritrea's economy renewed my confidence in the growth of the country,
but also made me want to be a part of that change. Also, there were
several creative chapter presentations that I really enjoyed. Overall,
thanks to this conference, I will redouble my efforts to be involved
in strengthening Eritrea."

It is clear, that the reviews and experiences stemming from the
conference weekend have been nothing but favorable. Ginbar Ketema of
the San Jose YPFDJ chapter elaborated on this by stating, "How come
everyone has been holding out on me? If only I knew how powerful the
YPFDJ-NA conference was. Reflecting on the four days of the
conference, my first conference experience went above meeting my
expectations. I knew that I wanted and needed to leave the conference
a more energized person, but even before the conference was over, I
realized I was leaving more educated and empowered! Energized,
Educated, and Empowered."

Please view the attached files to read more personal reflections from
the
conference participants.

-YPFDJ Media