[dehai-news] (Guardian) CAF Names Eritrea Officials For Heartland, Ahly Tie

From: B-Haile (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2010 - 10:20:33 EDT

CAF Names Eritrea Officials For Heartland, Ahly Tie

Saturday, 11 September 2010 00:00 By Olalekan Okusan Sport - Home

THE continent soccer ruling body, Confederation of African Football (CAF) has named Eritrea officials for tomorrow's deciding clash between Egypt's Ahly and Nigeria's Heartland in this year's CAF Champions League group match.

The centre referee is Ayob Amunuel, and he will be assisted by compatriots, Ogbamariam A. and Tesgiorghis B. while Maeruf Mensur is the reserve referee for tie taking place at Cairo International Stadium tomorrow. The match commissioner is Ethiopia's Sahilu Gebremariam while the match coordinator is Cameroun's Abel Mbengue.

Both sides will be aiming for place in the last four of the championship with Ahly having upper hand with five points from four matches played so far. Heartland has four points after recording its first victory of the group against Ismaily fortnight ago at the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri.

In their first meeting in Owerri, the match ended 1-1 and Heartland coach, Samson Siasia, believes the Egyptian side would not be an easy opponent especially when they are playing in front of their fans in Cairo. But he was sure that Heartland could get the needed result in Cairo.

"It's going to be an explosive game no doubt because my players now know they need that game too if they want to progress from the group.

He said: "It's unfortunate we didn't start well in the group stage, managing a draw at home and losing two away from home but I believe we can still make it through. JS Kabylie just showed that Ahly are not invincible at home with the 1-1 draw on Sunday. So why can't we get a favourable result there too?

"Our attack has given me a lot of worries before now but we are working on the players to ensure that they score goals away from home. It's not been nice to note that we've not scored away from home in the group stage of the competition. But I hope we start with Ahly. If we must win, we must score goals," Siasia said.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22716:caf-names-eritrea-officials-for-heartland-ahly-tie&catid=59:home&Itemid=620